Disney Ringtones?

This morning Disney Parks had a live stream of the sunrise at the Magic Kingdom. (You can watch it at your convenience using that link, was nice and calming.)

If anyone would like the audio from the Sunrise live stream, I’ve stripped it out of the video to an .mp3 and put a copy in the Liner Ringtones folder on Box. (Download button on top of page.)

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this! I had some ringtones on my phone, but no where near as many! I’m super excited to start cycling in new sounds!

2 Likes

Fun fact: I listened to the live stream almost all the way through on a drive the other day. I could be wrong, but it sounds like someone recorded it using a microphone held up to a speaker!

You can hear regular telltale hum from that technique, and I think there’s once or twice at least you can hear someone moving around. Kind of funny for a Disney thing!

I realize this is super old, but I can’t seem to transfer them to my iPhone. I used the directions posted above. Any suggestions?

I did a drag and drop on my computer with my phone attached by cable. I don’t know if the procedure changed with IOS updates, but this is what I did

Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. Use the charging cable that came with your iPhone or iPad to connect it to your computer.

Open iTunes. iTunes has a white icon with two music notes. Click the icon in the Windows Start menu, or Applications folder on Mac.

Navigate to the custom ringtones on your computer. Use the Finder on Mac, or Windows Explorer to navigate to the custom ringtones on your computer.

Select all the custom ringtones. Click the ringtones to select them. To select multiple ringtones, press and hold Ctrl or Command on Mac, and select all the files.

Right-click the files and click Copy. It’s in the menu that appears when you right-click a selected item on PC and Mac.

• If you are using a magic mouse or trackpad on Mac, you can right-click by clicking with two fingers

Click back over to iTunes and click Library. It’s the first tab at the top of the iTunes app.

Click your device icon. It’s the icon that resembles an iPhone or iPad. It’s next to the drop-down menu in the upper-left corner of iTunes. This displays the library on your device.

Click Tones. It’s in the sidebar menu to the left at the bottom. This displays the ringtones on your device.

Click Edit. It’s in the menu bar at the top of iTunes.

Click Paste. This pastes your copied ringtones into your iTunes library on your device.

• Alternatively, you can drag and drop the ringtone audio files into the “Tones” folder for your device in the sidebar to the left.
  • You can also delete old ringtones from the “Tones” folder for your device in iTunes.
2 Likes

Hey JJT!
Lots of us still loving/asking for your ringtones.
(thank you so VERY much for all that!— I smile every time I hear one)

Not sure if times/technology has/have changed too much, but would you give info on putting this into android and iphone? I know many would appreciate a “refresher”. Thank you, thank you.

Love all your ringtones, PLE, spreadsheets, etc.
Thank you again. :slight_smile: Lee Anne

1 Like

Hey Lee Anne!
You know, the techniques can change depending on your phone, so probably best to Google the steps for your phone. I don’t use iPhones and very much dislike iTunes in all its forms, so can’t give too much advice on those in any case.

With Android it is much easier- on my S8 I just copy the .mp3 files to a music folder, then when I pick sounds in the app they’re in the list. In some android versions you do have to place the files in a particular folder, but that changes by phone too.

Up above in this thread are a couple of links to how tos as well!

Thanks JJT.

Agree with ease of android use on this.
I am in minority at my house-- love my Samsung Galaxy s9, the other 5 have iphones. (although ds17 when upgrade time does want to go with Galaxy)

Happy Thursday!

1 Like

Been awhile, but I just added a couple of ringtones to the Box.com folder - the MagicBand chime and the SkyLiner Chime. Needed something new for my text messages. :slight_smile:

I already uploaded a MB chime last year, but it was a little brassy sounding to me, this one is a little softer.

Last year I had also uploaded some PotatoLand sounds, plus the Pixar short Loop sound, so be sure to look around if you haven’t already!

You can still check all the sounds out here: https://jjt.page.link/LinerRingtones

4 Likes

OMG I need the MB chime!

1 Like

Thank you!! I love using these ringtones!

1 Like

Teensy Ringtone drop: While scanning the Disney android app decompiled source code (for fun!), I found this Mickey Unlock sound embedded in it.

Converted it to .mp3 for Android phones and .m4r for iOS phones (look for the iPhone m4r Versions folder for those.)

https://jjt.page.link/LinerRingtones

7 Likes

Your sharing on how to set any song as a custom iPhone ringtone is very useful, because currently there are many iPhone users who still do not know how to replace the default ringtone with their favorite music. It’s too difficult compared to Android.

1 Like

I have to say THANK YOU. I have wanted ringtones like these for years, but I am Iphone technology challenged so gave up.
I don’t know how I missed this thread all these years!
I got them now! :heart_eyes:
Thank you JJT, dinaelynn for her step by step instructions, and Max_Mad for posting to bring it to my attention.
SO excited!!

1 Like

I cannot believe we’re working on 10 years since this thread started.

Great googly moogly. :open_mouth:

I’ve been thinking lately I need to work on some ringtones for all the movies that have come out since. Just rewatching Soul the other day, so much excellent music and sounds in that alone.

4 Likes

These are fantastic! Thanks for putting them together @JJT.

My kids love hearing the Skyliner Chime when a get text now. And we played “Disney Sound Trivia” this morning with all the clips.

2 Likes

I was just yesterday complaining about my inability to find the soundtrack from Happily Ever After online – and there it is in your lovely sound files! Thank you!!!

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Last trip as we walked under the Skyliner at EP IG, we heard a chime go off over our head and both my kids turned to me and laughed. They had never realized my text notification was the SL chime. :notes: :aerial_tramway: :notes:

2 Likes

That’s an awesome moment!

This morning, when I received a text, one of my kids immediately got wide-eyed and said, “Dad, that’s the Skyliner!” I couldn’t have been more proud.

1 Like