Disney Resort Grocery Questions

Do you have to be at the resort (Boardwalk) when they deliver your groceries?
Will the Disney Resorts hold cold groceries delivered if we are at the parks?
Also, does anyone know if there are toasters in the DVC Boardwalk studio rooms?

There are toasters and microwaves in the studios. Yes, bell services will hold the groceries. I know Garden Grocer has to deliver after 4pm. I don’t know if that is true for all grocery deli ones there.

2 Likes

Do you know if they’ll hold cold groceries?

They do!

1 Like

"if you ship shelf stable groceries or other essentials to Disney World via Amazon you’re charged a $6 per package fee plus a $6 delivery fee. "

what does that mean? You get charged $6 per cold item?

No, if you ship a package, such as Amazon Prime they charge a package fee. If you order groceries bell services takes them, refrigerates them, and will charge a $6 fee to deliver to your room (no fee if you pick them up).

3 Likes

So, if I order groceries from Wholefoods using Amazon prime, they’ll come in a package and I will be charged a fee? So, maybe its better to order groceries from whole foods using another app?

A regular Amazon Prime delivery has a processing fee. Other grocery delivery services do not (Instacart, Garden Grocer).

1 Like

Looks like Amazon prime is cheaper than Garden Grocer. The resort only charges $6 per package fee if you choose to have it delivered to your room…so, no charges if you pick it up from Bell services? Does anyone have any experience with both?

1 Like

Whole Foods orders via prime will come in grocery bags. There will not be a fee unless you have them deliver it to your room.

1 Like

Is there still a difference between prime and prime now?I think “packages” such as Amazon Prime have package fee. Prime orders would be boxed?

Edited to add: I think it might be Amazon Fresh with no package charge?

2 Likes

When I logged into amazon to try and order groceries for our boardwalk stay, it switched to a different part of amazon when I clicked on wholefoods. I’m guessing ordering groceries from wholefoods via amazon doesn’t charge you any fees, assuming you don’t need it in 2 hours. You have the option to add a 2 our window for $9 extra via amazon.
So, it looks like ordering groceries from wholefoods via amazon has $0 fees from amazon and $0 fees from disney resorts (assuming you have it delivered to bell services).

1 Like

Yes, but that is not Prime. Grocery delivery to bell services is not charged. Grocery delivery by bell services to your room does have a charge (sometimes they miss this).

2 Likes

Do you have to request bell services to deliver to you in advance? If so how far out and how?

You have to call from your room.

We tried Instacart for the first time shopping Publix. We are staying at the cabins at Fort Wilderness. They refuse to leave groceries with bell services (there was no alcohol in the order). Also, they cancelled our order yesterday because I did not respond to a question they had regarding a replacement item. I had them uncancel the order and it was re-delivered.

They gave me a $5 credit and asked me to give them another try. So I did. We needed a couple of items that I forgot with the first order.

I requested a delivery between 2-4 today, knowing that we would not get back to FW from MK until then. I texted with our shopper when we were getting on the boat from MK to FW, she had already arrived at the Outpost at that time, 1:37 pm. She even sent a picture of her parked there. I told her we could be there in 20 minutes, she said thats fine. We raced to the Outpost in our golf cart (glad I spent extra on that, btw), arrived at 2:05, then I noticed that our shopper had cancelled our order as of 2:02pm. She was gone.

I guess we should just use Garden Grocer next time :woman_shrugging:. Thanks for attending my rant!

3 Likes

WTF?!

That’s insanity

1 Like

@OBNurseNH I know! I had heard great reviews on here about Instacart/Publix so was surprised that they really just suck.
I was pleasant with the Instacart people, but on the ride back to the cabin I let out an f-bombed stream of consciousness.

2 Likes

Our Instacart shopper last February was earlier than the delivery window, as well. Luckily, she just left our order at bell services @ the Hilton as we were on a shuttle back from Disney springs when she arrived. Garden Grocer’s reviews have not seemed great lately. I think I’m going to try these guys for my Publix order on our visit next year:

That’s awful. I think I’ll use Prime. I’ve also heard good things about Walmart.

1 Like