Disney Resort Grocery Questions

Have you heard any specific reviews about this company? Instacart has burned me multiple times. We’ve used Garden Grocer in the past without issue (most recent June 2021).

1 Like

They have 79 reviews on Facebook @ 4.9 stars, and are popular in another forum that I frequent. Redirecting...

They have a flat $25/$35 with alcohol fee, and then charge you actual store prices for the groceries.

1 Like

We always use Garden Grocer if we’re not doing our own. Never had a bad experience.

3 Likes

There was a recent blog post actually. Vacation Grocery Delivery Review (and Stroller Too!) | TouringPlans.com Blog

I don’t like the flat $25 fee as I think it’s steep when I can use Prime for free.

2 Likes

I had always heard good things about them, but it seems like a lot of the folks over on the disboards have experienced issues lately. That board can be full of some drama queens sometimes, though. Unlike here😇.

1 Like

That’s ridiculous!

1 Like

I think that it depends on how much you intend to order. The difference in item pricing for delivery services plus the fact that they are evidentially specifically trained to work with Disney bell services may make it a good value proposition for me.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since we used them though to be fair.

1 Like

I too have used garden grocer for just about every trip. They did just sell the company to a new owner.

1 Like

Wow this is terrible! I have used Instacart many times, including from Publix in Orlando just a few weeks ago to the Dolphin. They have always left our stuff at Bell Services. Maybe that is a specific issue with Ft Wilderness, have never stayed there so no idea. Your second try was just as bad. So sorry!

2 Likes

I’m worried it might be FW related. I read another recent delivery complain there on chat. Now I’m considering doing a grocery pick up instead using a stop with private airport transportation but I don’t see how 15 minutes us enough time unless you do curbside and what if your room isn’t ready.

1 Like

You could always check them with bell services yourself if it came to that.

1 Like

In the past (2016) I’ve had my Garden Grocer order actually be in my cabin at FW. I’ve never had a bad experience with them.

I have used Instacart many times in a number of different cities. Orlando is the only one I’ve ever had a bad time with, and it’s been bad several times in Orlando.

*fall 2017- Disney, the driver canceled the order after going to Contemporary (we were at BLT) first, and then saying she couldn’t find BLT.

*fall 2019- Disney, driver arrived at 10:15am for our 2:00pm delivery window, with an order that included alcohol. We had just gotten off the plane and were not even to the trams yet. He got very angry on the phone when I said we couldn’t be there for probably 90 minutes yet, and eventually bell services stepped in and just accepted the order.

*spring 2021- Disney, ordered children’s ibuprofen and some snacks and water. The driver showed on the map that they were at corner to turn into BW, and then they turned around and just sat a couple of blocks away, then took off in the other direction on I-4. I called customer service after another 20 minutes… they tried to call them, and the driver said they didn’t speak English so the CS rep switched to Spanish and the driver just hung up. That was all at 3pm. CS said the earliest we could get another delivery would be 10pm, and even though I wanted the same things I’d have to place the order all over again, pay again, and wait 7-10 days for a refund

Yikes! I think we all agree no Instacart in Orlando. I wonder why they’re so bad there.

We used Garden Grocer two weeks ago. They’re the only service we’ve used since 2008. Still love them.

Only once (June 2021) were 3 items missing, texted them at 7pm to let them know. They responded immediately and said due to the time of day it may be tomorrow morning before they could bring them out. That was fine by me. Received a text at 9pm saying they could drop it at bell services now or if I didn’t mind disclosing my building number they’d bring it to me right then. Perfect.

Yes I have sticker shock at some of their pricing but I try to keep in mind I am avoiding the price of the gift shops/restaurants pricing so the savings are there. They offer great service and that is worth it to me.

2 Likes