Disney Refugee's Universal AP trip

Just remember a specific ic question I had.

What is the procedure for the walk up counter at Toothsome to get ice cream to go?

1 Like

Have fun today! Iā€™m enjoying reading along even if I donā€™t have any questions at the moment. :joy:

2 Likes

It may sound oversimplified, but itā€™s in a side area / lobby before the restaurant entrance. You just get in lineā€¦nothing else needed. I was there at the peak rush of theme park close when everyone is emptying out into CityWalk. Even then they have a team cranking them out non-stop. It probably was about 10 minutes from ordering to getting it.

There is limited seating in the area. As it was crowded, I took mine out to the lake and sat there.

2 Likes

Pretty successful RD todayā€¦ did VelociCoaster twice, Forbidden Journey once (single rider saved at least 15 minutes)

Did some shopping and recharged my Freestyleā€¦ all in 45 minutes!

Rather than staying in Hogsmeade, I decided to ā€œswim upstreamā€ against the now incoming regular guests and head to Marvel Island.

Did Doom twice, Spider-Man onceā€¦ by 9:15!

Just got done with Kong & JPRAā€¦Before 10amā€¦

Gonna slow down now and head to Hagridā€™s to take a rest while in queue.

Now that the RD crowd is gone the wait has dropped from 100 minutes to 60 minutes

FYI - the ride did go down for a while, but I still boarded in less than the posted 60 minutes

10 Likes

Thatā€™s a good way to word it. There are so many places on my WDW eating wish list, but Iā€™d sure enjoy the really long (or multiple) trip to hit them all.

4 Likes

I admit my tummy just started rumbling! I donā€™t know how I will fit more food inside me though!

(Plus, I have a dinner reservation at Margaritaville tonight that Iā€™d like to keep :crazy_face:)

4 Likes

I went ahead and stopped at Fire Eaters Grill for a falafel. It was on my list of meals for $10. Pretty good and recommended. Iā€™ll come back in future visits for sure

Since Iā€™m using the discounted food cards and not a dining plan I donā€™t feel like I have to use it all up. So, weā€™ll see if I go home with money left over for my next trip!

King Julien from Madagascar is performing directly across from meā€¦lots of fun!

Also, the Mystic Fountain is very talkative today! Lots of fun with Dad jokes!

8 Likes

Wow, look what the crowd level was on Tuesday. Was that the rain day?

3 Likes

Yes! And if it was even a CL1 after 4 Iā€™d been surprised! More like CL Zero!

BTW - Posiedonā€™s Fury is still not ready, but The Professor and Tyler are out greeting guests!

6 Likes

@bebe80 - before I forget is there any specific you wanted to know about Cresent Moon and Wimpyā€™s?

I probably wonā€™t eat at Wimpyā€™s this trip, but can go pop in for pics or something.

I might try Cresent Moon tomorrow though

1 Like

Not really, was just interested in a food quality report if you purchase anything. Thanks!

2 Likes

I had funnel cake from crescent moon and it took ages and wasnā€™t cooked through. I just ate around the uncooked bits :yum::laughing:

1 Like

Going without a Touring Plan is definitely inefficient. However, I have stumbled across so many characters and street performers that Iā€™d normally pass by!

14 Likes

Tonight is my dedicated night to do VelociCoaster after sunsetā€¦

Gonna go spend another hour waiting in the Hagridā€™s queue to pass the time. I got to do it in the dark on arrival day and highly recommend it!! Itā€™s a whole different and IMHO much better experience. Iā€™ve lost track of the number of times Iā€™ve been on this week (8?)

While itā€™s worth it, Hagridā€™s eats up big chunks of your time each ride.

Off topic - if you collect pressed pennies, as I do, you canā€™t get any Harry Potter pennies in or around WWOHP. I finally found them though.

They are located in this shop near the entrance to IOA.

Thereā€™s a HP section of the store to the right side. The machine is tucked away near the back.

I am having fun reading @TarHeelTiff WDW report with 10 ppl and using genie vs. My solo trip with Single Rider :grin:

12 Likes

While I am killing time letā€™s talk about Universal and COVIDā€¦ I know itā€™s something many people are concerned about.

At Universal there is zero social distancing. (Iā€™m not sure any theme park is doing it anymore)

There is still plenty of hand sanitizer throughout the parks if you want it

Masks :mask: - While in the parks, you are required to wear them when in a ride queue - even if the queue is outdoors. The TMs are vigilant about monitoring it and will stop a queue until the offender compiles. This includes not covering your nose while wearing one.

They are required on Universal transportation, as well, and the drivers and boats captains are all super diligent about it. I did witness one mom have a small fit at the end of last night trying to get on a bus without one. She was provided with one and wore it without further incident.

However, anywhere else in the parks you can go mask free and 90% of people arenā€™t wearing them outside of those areas.

I wear glasses and the mask will cause them fog up at times. Ot can make watching a show like Bourne difficult. This applies to the 3-D glasses required at many attractions as well. I admit once the those rides start I do slide it off my nose. They donā€™t stop the ride or deny you a ride photo.

It really feels ā€œnormalā€ most of the time. Which has been really good for my mental well-being. I definitely needed this trip to go as well as it has!

UPDATE: (POST TRIP) - Ironically, my departure day was the start of masks no longer required at Universal. Just another reason to want to get back this Spring!

13 Likes

Got in line for my nighttime rides of VelociCoaster and it went down. Itā€™s been down for 30+ minutes. The TMs have been by letting people out of queue that want to leave. They say they canā€™t predict it will come back up by oark close. (If I can get on once while itā€™s dark Iā€™ll be happy)

On a positive note theyā€™ve turned on a preshow video starring ā€œDr. Wuā€ that I havenā€™t seen during my previous ridesā€¦

If I donā€™t get on tonight, Iā€™ll try again tomorrow. Itā€™ll mean missing the Mardi Gras parade that Iā€™ve been putting off this week. Iā€™d like to see it, but I have been to the real Mardi Gras multiple times when I was in college. (Lots of crazy nights back then! :crazy_face: :face_vomiting:)

4 Likes

Oh man. Iā€™m jealous. I regret going solo for a couple hours last night because it was just an immediate contrast between that and todays cat herding.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been following! Good luck! :grin:

1 Like

Soā€¦VelociCoaster (which Iā€™ve typed so often is my default word prediction when I type the letter V!) never came back up.

Itā€™s not the end of the worldā€¦ Luckily, this is something I didnā€™t push off until the last day.

Iā€™ll miss the parade, but I guess Iā€™ll watch it online.

Iā€™m waiting at Margaritaville for my reservation to be called. Itā€™s, like last night, a 90 minute wait for walk ups. I find it so odd that people donā€™t realize everyone dumps out at CityWalk right at park closing and itā€™s packed!??! :man_shrugging:

FYI - I discovered that the ā€œflashyā€ entrance you see as you walk along CityWalk is just for the bar. The main restaurant entrance is down a side alley/path that wraps around the building. Itā€™s not hard to find, but I didnā€™t see it until it was pointed out to me.

Nachos / chips & dip are probably my favorite snack food. However, these are a meal for two! I did my best!

I used the food card, but they had a weird policy. They will only let you use 80% of the bill total to pay.

My only guess is that they canā€™t use the card for a gratuity and by only processing a portion of the bill it ensures you use some other form of payment where a tip can be added. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

I was going to suggest the same reason before I read your guess. Makes total sense. Donā€™t want to stiff the servers. I bet itā€™s happened a lot.

2 Likes