Disney Refugee officially Universal Addict

I really did! I got my ideal trip booked! DD21 found out just a little bit before me. She was pretty happy too!! :joy::joy:

6 Likes

That’s so awesome! And I love that it came from DW. I’m so glad she supports your “hobby.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can’t remember why DD couldn’t go with you before … did something change, or was it just the cost? Wasn’t it something like she didn’t have enough money to pay her own way?

2 Likes

There really wasn’t a “good” reason. My DW was a little miffed that DD set up a school trip with the promise that DD would pay for everything. DDs costs went $1500 over budget due planning upgrades and side excursions. (I wonder where she got that habit?? :innocent:)

We have the money, my DW & have been doing excellent at work. (Promotions and multiple wage increases over the last year or more)

DW wanted to make a point and didn’t want to help. I was OK with that as was the original plan. My wife can’t say No to DD though. After some tears, DW caved. Her compromise was $1000.

(DD only needs a couple hundred more, but this made DW feel like she didn’t totally give in - although she basically did…:innocent::rofl:)

That was followed by, “We just gave her $1000! Now you want to take on a $2000 - $2500 trip!??!”

Now that the dust had settled, I was able to present all the sales on tickets and flights to make the trip under $1500. (She’ll go home early, so that’s $100 per day for meals and such that I don’t have to budget for)

That’s when she thought it over, at her convenience, figured out when / if DD could go then told me to book it yesterday before the SW flight sale ended.

Ironically, when DD was growing up I was the more conservative parent and DW did all the spoiling! Now, that DD is on her own and we don’t bump into each other all the time I love spoiling her. (She’s mostly financially independent so that helps! )

7 Likes

FYI to my friends here…my boss bought another company this week. It was unexpected. Ive been coordinating clearing out thise offices and getting the people, furniture and such from that company integrated into our company/campus.

I’ll be around…of course…but the next few work days I’ll be scattered with checking in!

Have a great weekend. (I’m exhausted from moving furniture! )

10 Likes

Well I let DH choose between CBBR and Aventura and he chose CBBR… so we are booked at CBBR in a volcano bay view standard room from October 22-27! We fly in the 21st, so i’m gonna book one night at a premiere so we can have express pass all day sunday for our first day in the parks! it’s cheaper to do that than to book one extra night at CBBR and 3 express passes! So we will get all of our major rides out of the way early in the week and be able to take it easy the rest of the week and just do what we feel like doing! I’m so pumped! i’ve never stayed this long on universal property before and I think it will be such a nice change of pace from my usual disney vacations with a universal day or two added on!!

ALL of that to say, I will be OBSESSIVELY reading your trip report in September!!!

11 Likes

I’m super hyped for you! CBBR is a good resort and the Volcano view is awesome!!

2 Likes

It’s always good to keep checking your hotel rates!

I finally have all 10 nights booked at
Aventura for the rate I found originally.

I don’t have to resort hop now. (That can be fun sometimes, but I don’t want to do it this time)

Now I will be habitually checking to see if I can get a better rate. I’m paying $130 / night now, but have seen $120 on occasion.

8 Likes

Thanks for everyone that is reading this before the trip starts. It’s nice to be able to share my theme park addiction with people that enjoy it!!

My Father’s Day gift from DD21 was to sit for 2+ hours talking about our trip.

She did have real opinions and wishes for this trip! That’s not typical!! I usually have to “guide” her to stuff. It probably helps that she was there last year.

Surprisingly, character meets are on her wish list!??! (I’m the character lover!)

Also, I was shocked when she said, “Didn’t you mention a nice hotel that had rum flights??”

We now have a reservation at Strong Water Tavern! She also wants the Ahi Tuna Nachos at Confisco Grill…(that should be easy to do!)

It’ll be fun to take a vacation with her being “legally” able to drink! (I snuck her cocktails to her last year!! :rofl: :innocent:)

She is hoping that the Death Eaters will be out by then. She only gets that first weekend of my trip to hopefully see them! :crossed_fingers:

I do get to “re-plan” the first couple days of my trip to integrate her trip wishes!

16 Likes

This made me smile! I can’t wait to do this with my son someday!!! I’m so excited for you! I might have to add Ahi Tuna Nachos to my own list LOL.

4 Likes

I had a moment today and found my picture of them!

DD21 is really excited! She also wants another of the Everclear 151 Proof Daiquiris from Fat Tuesday as well. :nauseated_face:

We tried one last year together. All I could taste was the booze! She loved it and I snuck it back on the bus for her to have at the room :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I noticed it was a slow day for theme park news & Universal stuff so I thought I’d chime in today!

I’ve been pretty busy, for once, at work. At home we’re getting DD ready to go to Italy! She’ll be over there for 3 weeks

I’m in between big work projects today. I used the time to rework all my plans and integrate all attractions Emily wants. It was a lot of rearranging, but I think I like it even better.

The days she is with me are limited. It’s because I’m not pushing her. Plus, all my nights are “scheduled” to end at 10pm. (They can end whenever she wants)

She’s been at the house doing laundry & etc… for her trip. I’ve let her know our “goal” is to see every HHN house once without stress using Express pass. We have one night with a real late HHN start due to a night ride at Hagrid’s and possibly the Dark Arts show. We also are only doing EPA twice out of 4 days. (I’m only doing it a total of 5 days of my whole trip! I’ve got a few very late nights planned!!)

I’ve had to let her know that almost everything in our itinerary is one & done. Hagrid’s is the only ride we are repeating. If we need to skip something that doesn’t mean we can’t do it, but something else will have to be rearranged. She’s fine. We’re both there for HHN more than anything!!

I’ve only put one scheduled meal per day in my plans - at most. A couple days have no fixed meal plans. I’ve learned I eat more with my eyes than my stomach can hold! (Especially, when you don’t eat many vegetables for so many days in a row!!)

It was way easier making the plan for her days than all the rearranging of the plans I had already pieced together! (I can’t lie…it was a fun afternoon to put it together!)

I think I have a good outline of what I want to do at WDW / MNSSHP. I will definitely need input at some point though! My costume came in, but it was GIGANTIC! I got it exchanged, the new one hasn’t arrived yet!

I’m thinking about asking DD if she wants to cosplay or anything while there. I’ve been dying to do a Jurassic World thing!

9 Likes

All of that sounds exciting!! I love the planning :blush:

3 Likes

My DD25 is spending the summer in Rome. She’s almost 4 weeks in and is loving it!
Also. Emily is my oldest DDs name (not the one in Italy)

I’m enjoying reading about your planning process and pre-trip stuff!

3 Likes

Oh my yummy! Those look delish! Definitely going to get those.

I’d love to see your detailed park plans if you feel like sharing at some point! :smile: What do you plan to go as for MNSSHP?

This is still a “secret”! Mostly, because I’m still weighting options. I truly wish I could’ve worn my WWOHP robe! I’m torn between a Disney “Bound” outfit and a Universal IP “costume” that would still be somewhat casual wear. (It’s still going to be 90­°F, even at 11pm! I’m not going full costume!)

FYI - The WWOHP robes are surprisingly “breathable”. I get asked often how I wear one in the Florida sun, but it’s no issue. It actually keeps the sun off my skin & the hood is an awesome sun blocker at times!

Be careful what you wish for! Here they are…with all my crazy notes! (They may change, of course!)

Thurs - 9/14
Arrival - Disney World Touring Plans
Night - Disney World Touring Plans

Fri - 9/15 = Disney World Touring Plans

Sat. - 9/16 = Disney World Touring Plans

Sun. - 9/17 = Disney World Touring Plans

Mon. - 9/18
Morning = Disney World Touring Plans
Evening = Disney World Touring Plans

Tues. - 9/19 (MNSSHP night) = Disney World Touring Plans

Wed. - 9/20 = Disney World Touring Plans

Thurs. - 9/21
Morning = Disney World Touring Plans
Afternoon = Disney World Touring Plans

Fri. - 9/22
Daytime = Disney World Touring Plans
Night = Disney World Touring Plans

Sat. - 9/23 = Disney World Touring Plans

Sun. - 9/24 = Disney World Touring Plans

If anyone actually looks at all of this…good luck! Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Feel free to ask anything! I may have “missed” something or made an error. If you think something looks odd or anything else, let me knw!!

7 Likes

That’s my kinda planning right there :star_struck:

5 Likes

Same!!

3 Likes

It’s a fun puzzle! IME - meals are where it gets tricky! You’ll have some place you “must do”, but it’s never convenient. Then you have basically work a day around that…

I asked Emily about going to Minions Café. She didn’t care, but I feel like when she sees it we’ll be going inside.

I do wonder what that area will be like during HHN?? That’s the main thoroughfare into the parks and “gateway” into the event

3 Likes

LOVED reading all of those! Don’t forget to buy the fudge! :slight_smile: Which kind? haha

Your plans are great. I’ve never used the Ressie App… i need to check this out. Also, where can I go to already book a Toothsome reservation?

What are your must-dos at Volcano Bay? We are going for the first time this trip!

I’m embarrassed to admit this (as I’m a massive, die-hard HP fan and fellow Ravenclaw) but I have never done the spells before! I think this trip is finally the trip to get the interactive wand and do it. Do you think my 4 year old is too young to care? I’m always hustling around doing rides or shopping in Diagon Alley that I haven’t really paid attention to the ages of kids participating but I do think he might love it. I just don’t want to hold up a line or anything… that sort of stuff gives me anxiety! Haha!

2 Likes

You can now book Park & CityWalk TS dining reservations right from the Universal app.

4 Likes