Disney Refugee officially Universal Addict

Is this the same DD that joined you on one of your trips last year?

Yep! The one & only! (Thank goodness!)

We’ll have a blast, but I know that’s a big expense to the trip. If we don’t have to help her for her summer travel, then I easily have the money.

We’ll see! I’m planning as if she’s not going. I’d prefer if she does though, even if I’ll have to go at her speed.

5 Likes

@bebe80 - I’m making my plans and looked at the Volcano Bay menus. It appears that the Muffuletta pizza is a year round offering! I’m trying not to repeat too many things, but this is a must-do. Thanks for convincing me to try a pizza at VB! It’s now one of my favorite things

5 Likes

It’s on the Kohola Reef menu too!

1 Like

DSs too!! :yum::pizza:
He raves about his VB pizza!!

Got my desktop countdown started!

I’m doing all the “planning” that I can at this point. Basically, outlining all the big “must-do” things like Volcano Bay, Dark Arts / Hagrid’s at Night, VCON / Minion’s Café

I’ve decided to lay out my invitation to DD21 again the next time I see her so she understands how serious I am. She’ll need to decide if she needs our $$$ for summer travel or wants to go to HHN.

13 Likes

That’ll be here before you know it!! :smiley:

2 Likes

I was given a HP board game from my Brother/Sister in-laws for Christmas. I’ve been debating trying to do miniature painting. I bought a bunch of “fancy” hobby paints & such. Some came out much better than other - mostly as I got more practice, but I’m really happy with them. It was a lot of fun! I don’t want to play the kind of war games that people typically use these paints for. I may find other IP miniatures or games with IP that I could paint though!

19 Likes

Oh wow!
You’ve done a great job of those :art::paintbrush::art::paintbrush::art::paintbrush:
100 Points to Ravenclaw!! :laughing::blue_heart:

5 Likes

I hid Harry in the back. I tried so hard to get those glasses painted! I couldn’t do it and after multiple tries / cover-ups his face became a bit of a blob!! :rofl:

5 Likes

These look fab!

2 Likes

DD just “officially” asked for our financial aid for her trip. She needs about $1400. I was hoping it would be a lot less so we could help her AND we’d have enough left over for her to come with me. (I was going to spend $1500 - $2000 to bring her to HHN anyway.)

This means I’m solo for this trip. I only did 4 nights solo of HHN last year. I waited those nights until DD arrived to do houses.

I’m not sure I ever did a trip this long completely solo last year. It’s exciting, but I’ll definitely need y’all to keep me company!!! I really enjoy traveling solo, but the down times in queues or waiting on shows can get a bit lonely after you’ve been there a few days.

I’m definitely getting the UXP for Rush of Fear. I’m not waiting in those outdoor switchbacks solo for extended periods! OH!!! I just remembered… the UXP for the houses gives you UXP for the rides at night! Since I’ll be able to stay out past 10pm without DD needing to go back I can get more USF rides done at night. I really want to beat my best MIB score - 595,000!!

Since I’m solo, that means I can book MNSSHP. I think I’m going to do it. If Tron wasn’t there I’d pass. I’ve wanted to go on Tron for so long. (However, I expect to be disappointed compared to Hagrid’s / VC)

I’m about to go get $250 worth of Disney Visa points. That’s $160 for the ticket and $90 for food / souvenirs. Anything left over I’ll hold on to for our future DLR trip. Once I get that redemption card I’ll book it!

I have decided to get the Universal Photo Pass this year. I’m still kicking myself for not getting it for the entire year in 2022 for $99! It’s $150 this year, but even with two trips I’ll get my value!

8 Likes

Your painting looks terrific!

I know you’ll miss her, but I also know you’ll have a great time solo! Can’t wait to see what you think about Tron/MNSSHP.

4 Likes

Should I buy a WDW Touring Plan subscription to use just for my arrival at MNSSHP. I’m planning on leaving my hotel no later than 2:30pm to Uber over to MK. I’ll wait at the taps to RD the hours before the event start. It’s not a big $$ to buy a subscription, but feel silly to get one for 2.5 hours of time.

• Yes. You can maximize the first 2 - 3 hours before the party with a TP since not buying G+
  • No. You know the parks well enough to maximize the first 2 - 3 hours before the party even with not buying G+

0 voters

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure there will be plenty of data and experience available from previous TRs and discussion just on the forum that making a TP won’t be necessary.

That said, if you’d have fun making/using the TP, then go ahead. Like you say - it’s a minimal cost with good value.

2 Likes

If you can’t tell, I’m super excited… Thanks for helping me fill the time until we get much closer!!

2 Likes

That’s what we’re here for :smiley:

2 Likes

I always recommend supporting TP just because I think this forum and community are invaluable, but not necessarily because you will glean something from a personalized TP that you don’t already know or can’t find out talking to us.

4 Likes

Join the Facebook group MIB 900 Club, go to “Files”, and download the document Training Room Guide & Max Out Guide. The instructions are insanely detailed with pictures.

1 Like

I saw the RixFlix today & joined! I’ve got the files! It’s definitely detailed!!

2 Likes