Disney Refugee officially Universal Addict

Yes! You must do all the things while you’re there.

I’m really on the fence about MNSSHP. I could do it for “free” with Disney Visa points. My only expense would be an Uber.

However, I really thought about it late last night and there’s not much that gets me excited.

I have actual uneasiness thinking about WDW. Would I have to buy G+ / ILL during the party??

MK used to be my favorite park. Now, I can only think of 3 rides I get excited about. The parties get so busy that the streets are packed - literally.

I’ll have to see the list of attractions they are going to offer and shows.

If anyone wants to convince me, go ahead. I really don’t want to pay for G+ and deal with it when I should be having fun though. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Have to say, this is one I don’t want to enable.

Just based on what you say, I think you might enjoy a trip to HS more, check out the Star Wars area. Is a HS after hours offered during the time you’ll be there? That would give you short lines with no G+ needed.

1 Like

I agree with both of you. It’s one thing to visit MK with the family, but I couldn’t see visiting alone and having a great time. HS is altogether different, plenty of thrill to keep a guy happy.

1 Like

I think I would too. However, I don’t want to see SW:GE without DW. It’s one of the few areas she has expressed interest in.

Plus, Disneyland is still a thing that is going to actually happen. It has SW:GE and most of what MK offers.

I think I’m just excited again! My DW has said she’s noticed a big change in my attitude the last couple of days. I wasn’t sad or upset, but now I’m running around excited instead of “going through the motions”.

It would take having to do a bunch of research about the party and reassurance that G+/ILL is not used then for me to get excited about it…

I’m leaving the door open to it since it’s “free” and on a night when HHN is on break. We’ll see!!

4 Likes

No G+ during the official party hours.

1 Like

There was no G+ during our mid-Spetember party this year, and lines weren’t long, despite the party being sold out. That doesn’t mean everything was walk on but we definitely had time to do plenty, especially during the time when everyone was waiting for the first parade and fireworks.

I think it’s a good substitution for a ticketed MK day, for sure.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I confess… I’m looking at my UOR plans and figuring out what leaving at 2pm that MNSSHP date would mean for my UOR trip…

I know in my heart that I would have fun… I’m just kinda concerned about the amount of effort I’d have to put into “studying” WDW / MNSSHP again after a few years away. It’s like having to relearn a second language you haven’t spoken in a long time!

2 Likes

We went into the party without a plan other than reading a few blogs about this year’s parties (to make sure there were no huge post-covid changes to the format). and it was fine.

2 Likes

Now, you know, when work is slow…this can be a fun thing!!

2 Likes

In general, the party strategy is the same as it ever was. Tron might throw a bit of a wrench into that, but that’s going to be a wildcard for everyone and you’ll be going a couple of weeks into the party season so there will be blogs to help.

1 Like

This is what is super helpful to hear!

I still want to see the offerings - because Tron is a deal breaker if unavailable. I’d be willing to get into a SB queue for it until the official party start time.

I guess we’ll have to wait a bit to see. Isn’t June when they start giving official announcements?

2 Likes

I’ve never seen a party not have the new ride offered. SDMT was definitely offered when it was brand new. I’m guessing they’ll have a party-only VQ drop like they do for deluxe guests. The ride capacity would allow for about 10k riders between 6pm and midnight, but perhaps they’ll have that drop be earlier (say, 3pm) to allow for more party guests to ride using the 4pm entry.

3 Likes

I would do an after hours instead of a party.

Except you don’t want to do HS. Or you could just not go into SWGE! We did 13 rides at the HS after hours in April! We started before park close and it was not a high crowd day, so that helped. No genie and no real plan. It was lovely! Plus not hot at all.

ToT
ST
Rise x 2
MFSR x 2
ASS
SDD x 2
TSM x 2
MMRR x2

2 Likes

It looks like the are rotating after hours events. DHS goes through June and then Epcot has it until MNSSHP starts.

If I want to do a WDW pop-in then it looks like this is my only option

I mean, I would do it for Cosmic Rewind alone! It’s pretty awesome! Not nearly as intense as the UOR coasters, but a lot of fun.

1 Like

I may not have been clear… the Epcot dates are June - August.

The only after hours event in September is MNSSHP.

I’d definitely go to an Epcot night!

I’m still leaning towards going to MNSSHP since it’s “free”. I just want to make a UOR plan / outline, so I make sure I get my addiction filled before thinking about seeing my “Ex”…:grin:

2 Likes

Maybe they will announce new dates for fall. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

I spoke with DD21 yesterday when she came by for Mother’s Day. I wanted to wait to tell her until she figured out her summer trip, but I couldn’t. She was very happy for me. I went ahead & invited her. I believe she thinks I’m being causal about the invite. I’d be delighted if she comes along. She’s officially 21 years old this time and we can do a lot of fun things. I’ll need to stress to her it’s a true invitation, but I know she’s only focused on her summer travel right now…

The pro’s of DD21 coming along = great bonding time & it’s fun to share the scares / fun

The cons of DD21 coming along = most nights will end around 10pm and I’ll skip MNSSHP which I was 90% sure I was / am going to attend if I’m solo…

She may only be there for part of the trip as she can’t miss that much school. So, I might be able to have some long nights. It’s going to be great either way!

Not much more I can do, except be excited, until at least June when fall flights are announced!

8 Likes