Disney Refugee officially Universal Addict

You will love it!

1 Like

Great news! Have missed your reports!

1 Like

I remember when you were planning your DLR trip the first go-around! I do hope you love it when you finally get out there but I am SO happy you have found a new home at UOR. And I am THRILLED that you renewed! I haven’t been able to follow any of your UOR trips live, but they were a great crash course to read through when I was trying to plan our few days at UOR after our cruise. Your pointers about wands was one I bookmarked and referred to the first time we tried pulling out our wands and none of us could figure it out intuitively. It was a game changer!!

AND we are doing a second cruise the very end of this summer and the kids (even the littles) loved UOR so much that we are considering doing more UOR days and maybe just one WDW day for some Epcot redemption. And UOR’s passes are such a good value and we want to do at least one more cruise out of Florida next year that we may pull the plug and purchase APs. Not 100% yet, but we are excited to figure that out in the next couple of months!

7 Likes

Awww… Thanks! It took a lot of practice! The tip about the sun is the best one a TM ever gave me! I’m determined to get Herbivicus to work consistently this year!

They pay for themselves on the fourth day! You can add Volcano Bay later if you want. You can always upgrade a Universal AP, but you can’t downgrade. (You have to go to VB twice to get your value)

I’m not gonna lie and say I don’t sometimes miss Disney. SW:GE must be great! Plus, I’m super excited for original Fantasyland… I’ll have over $2K in Disney Visa dollars by them. I’m also going to add Knott’s to the end of that trip. I just need them to “fix” the issues I have with them or until I have enough “free” Disney dollars that I don’t mind because the trip is cheaper. :rofl: :innocent:

6 Likes

OMG!! I’m actually using my old Trip Reports as a reference!! I’ve started the basic outline of my trip and couldn’t remember when the Dark Arts Show & Death Eaters came out…

Just a quick search for “Refugee gets Scared” and I had that answer and so many other HHN tips I’d forgotten!!

I’m so proud of myself!! :rofl: :rofl: :crazy_face:

I did go ahead and purchase the TP Universal planning tool again… It’s just a fun way to plan and a good way to help me organize my trip to ensure I don’t miss a show or something…

I do wish it would get an update!!

8 Likes

I think the issues you have with Disney are much less of a factor at DLR. For one thing, hopping at 11:00 AM - which is the biggie for me! For another, Genie+ works very differently (better and easier) there than at WDW. It’s a lot like the old MaxPass system. I can’t remember your other issues … but just to say DLR is a totally different animal than WDW.

1 Like

Why don’t you use your Disney card points for airfares? That’s what I use most of mine for.

What??? I have no clue!

4 Likes

Also, your start date is the date my AP expires

1 Like

I can be there a day or two earlier if that helps!! :laughing:

(I actually have to watch my PTO use. My second trip can’t be more than two days off from work plus the weekend!)

1 Like

I’m thinking I need an HHN trip, but it has to be over a weekend, because at that point I’ll be getting within a month of my 3-week trip.

1 Like

Just to confirm, I have the power pass (had to upgrade so I could get in Studios on a concert day during Mardi Gras with DD.) I cannot renew to a seasonal, it has to be another power pass? DH has the seasonal so okay for him to get that one again.

Yeah…you have to get another Power Pass.

You can’t remove Volcano Bay if you had it or go down tiers

1 Like

If I recall, Len said the UOR Lines update is next on the to do list. I was hoping it would happen soon, but they may just target the normal December time frame for major updates.

2 Likes

Glad you renewed as I enjoy reading your trip reports! Trip reports help me get my uni fix when I can’t get there myself and I don’t think I’ll be back for a while. My ap just expired and after four amazing trips this year, I think I probably need to cool it for a bit. I hate the heat as well and not a hhn fan so November would be the easiest I’d think about it anyway. I’ll just live vicariously through trip reports for a bit. I’m tentatively thinking about December for my next trip but you’re scaring me off with talks of Pop. :joy:

2 Likes

Good! You should learn from my mistakes!

(If you are staying off-site it’s not nearly as bad. My potential Grinchmas dates are the week before they arrive! I don’t want to have to deal with it!)

1 Like

I was there during Pop last year. I didn’t notice any issues in the park.

2 Likes

All Star Worlds were happening this weekend and it didn’t really impact the parks… there was just amusing cheer parent interaction in the hotel bars after their girls went to sleep!

1 Like

I’m following @ryan1 TR and tonight he is at DHS for an evening event. It looks like a blast!

It’s got me thinking… Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary is an option for one of the nights HHN isn’t running…

It’s $160 with tax for the ticket. Then probably $200 more for ride shares / food / souvenirs.

Once they release details I may consider it. I’d definitely need Tron to be an option.

8 Likes