Disney Refugee officially Universal Addict

Wow, that’s surprising! I wonder if that was out of request, or as an overflow.

Oh I missed that, nice! :smiley: I’ll probably stay there in January

1 Like

As much as I LOVE the parks even I get a bit of sensory overload. I don’t know how they do it, but when you walk into the Aventura lobby it’s like being in a “cone of silence”. Everything is instantly quiet and the color palette of the lobby is very soothing to me!

I’m going back to read my previous TR to remember all the things I liked about it and the things I need to bring with me this time to make it better…

Right now, I’m trying to decide if I want to buy the TP Universal software again. I don’t “need” it, but it makes the planning fun and helps me remember show times… I wish TP would update it like the WDW version…

4 Likes

This is just me being excited, but I’ve been trying to remove days from my trip to see if I can keep the costs down a little more. However, it’s typically the same cost or even more to go for fewer days…

Not complaining! It’s a bonus, but odd. (Just feeling guilty about the Aventura upgrade & the trip overall. I don’t want my budget to slowly keep climbing like I’ve let it before. Even though DW is supportive I don’t want to overspend just because I can!)

I’ve always found it weird how adding one day can increase the overall rate by hundreds of dollars. However, you can do a separate single day reservation - even at the same hotel - and then book the rest of the trip as a second reservation and rate is less overall with the same number of days!??!

Ahhh…the games we have to play to get lower rates!

4 Likes

Yay! :clap:

Also:
Any chance of no longer being a refugee? :woman_shrugging:
Sorry, I’m not quite familiar with what made you a refugee in the first place.

Chapek :japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

Oh, but that witch is DEAD!

2 Likes

His foul stench still lingers.

2 Likes

I hate that our beloved place is now threatened by a different kind of monster :japanese_goblin:

1 Like

I was one of the many Liners here that LOVED WDW obsessively! It was my passion. During / after the pandemic Universal kept impressing me with how they treated their TMs, the way they handled the situation and Hagrid’s + VelociCoaster had debuted. I had been there in 2018 with my family and we all liked it and left wanting to return.

In February 2022 I decided to “get back out there” when the pandemic was subsiding. WDW had raised their prices, offering so much less, laying off employees, implementing park reservations w/ G+ & ILL and so many other things that made returning to WDW unpleasant to me.

I had banked two years of PTO and stimulus payments that we didn’t “need”. I decided to get my first ever AP to an Orlando theme park. Calling myself the “Disney Refugee” I headed over to Universal to try it all. It did not disappoint!! From Feb. 2022 - Feb. 2023 I rode every ride, saw every show, ate at every quick service & table service place inside the parks and more!

It has become my new home… Every day I still see people tell their stories about all the hoops they have to jump through to enjoy their vacation at WDW. I don’t want to make a park reservation. I don’t miss the 60 day ADR scramble. I loathe the idea of a lottery system that I have to pay extra to participate in at 7am to decide if I can even go on the ride I want that day.

And that is how a loyal WDW visitor / “expert” left his home to become the Disney Refugee…

After going to Universal so much and now renewing my AP ditching the Disney Refugee title seems appropriate! I’m a Universal Addict now!

13 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re referring to :thinking:
Have I missed something worse than Chapek??

1 Like

@Flavita - For the record I do have a Disney Visa credit card with a lot of points on it. They need to get put on a redemption card by late 2024. I am planning on going to Disneyland very Dec 2024 or Feb 2025. Those points will pay for most of it. I’ve never been to DLR so that’s enough incentive to return. Plus, I’m hoping by them more of these dumb rules / hoops in place with go away!

4 Likes

I understand 100%. I’m in too deep at this point to fight my Disney addiction, but I hear you :heart: .

Universal is great. Glad you have found a new home.

1 Like

Significantly worse.
DeSan…… :shushing_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

Oohhh!!! :bulb::bulb: Gotcha! :woman_facepalming:t4::roll_eyes:

I guess I don’t see him as a threat to the in-park experience :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved: yep

1 Like

Prison… prices… :woman_shrugging: ?

1 Like

I just so happy for you @darkmite2! :star_struck: :tada: :balloon:

3 Likes

I renewed my AP a few weeks ago :shushing_face: Couldn’t help myself with that renewal discount!

And yes, definitely make time for strong water tavern. It was excellent and I can’t wait to go back!

3 Likes

Hi! :wave: just coming out of UOR lurkerdom to say that I’ve read your previous reports and love your adventures. How exciting that you decided to get another AP. Congrats!

6 Likes

Wow! That means so much! Everyone keeps me company by engaging with me when I travel. I really appreciate everyone reading them and listening to my advice and adventures!

4 Likes