Disney Refugee Brings a Buddy

Wait. What?

3 Likes

Correct. (Take note @missoverexcited.)

Incorrect.

6 Likes

I thought the pumpkin pasty was a bit meh. I wouldn’t get one again.
The Cauldron cake on the other hand was delicious (the sponge, not so much the frosting). I wanted to get a second one, but ran out of time. I will very much look forward to my next cauldron cake… :laughing:

Have a great time at VB today.
I hope EP makes it perfect.
And if it doesn’t, I hope the tiki drinks make it perfect :wink::wink::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like Mummy has TM previews through Sunday. But the silver lining is maybe that means it opens for guests Monday?

https://twitter.com/aliciastella/status/1560638652408930309?s=21&t=DXpaR45QPBO_FFJsWBTbhA

5 Likes

Did Krakatu twice, fearless river, lazy river and one body slide. Stopped for tiki drinks. I did not activate our express passes yet. I didn’t want to waste the passes when waits were low/ “ride now”

This is the watermelon cocktail

Haven’t eaten yet, but promise to get to it soon

9 Likes

Rick calls it a “Ruby Ticket Express Pass”. They give them out when Hagrid’s breaks down and you are evacuated.

10 Likes

Yes, the ruby pass is a wonderful thing. My party got them once for a ride breakdown. I never considered a possible secondary market for the passes, but I guess it doesn’t surprise me. I don’t remember the expiration date on it, but don’t think it was good for very long.

3 Likes

We are leaving VB having done everything with Express Pass. It was a lifesaver today! I’ll give full thoughts later.

We ate ate Kolha Reef. It was amazing! DD got the jerk Mahi Magi sandwich and I got the green coconut curry

Going to get cleaned up and thenDD wants a crepe for dinner at USF

11 Likes

That coconut curry looks amazing! Hope it’s gluten free (it should be)

1 Like

TM Testing for Saturday/Sunday was cancelled. Doesn’t say the ride will open to the public instead, but worth keeping an eye on.

https://twitter.com/aliciastella/status/1560794504365473792?s=21&t=nrM51M3AvaJmjOee75EemQ

8 Likes

The wifi had been pretty bad at the hotel so I haven’t been able to update at night…

As soon as we got back to the room the skies turned black and all hell broke loose!

Thankfully, if you don’t like the weather in Orlando just wait an hour!

DD decided not to go back into the parks, but I was still hungry… After debating what to do we noticed a break in the weather. (Down to a mild sprinkle)

We grabbed our ponchos and decided to see if we could walk into anywhere in CityWalk. Thankfully, Anijitos was available!

The food was great and the Mariachi band was adorable. They mostly performed “happy birthday” and the chicken dance song. It was good, but not “authentic” as the sign says.

DD got pork tacos abd I got the AP Appreciation special. (A wet brsket quesadilla) delicious!

I’ve been really happy with the AP special foods!

As we left the restaurant, the rain came back so we grabbed frozen daiquiris at Fat Tuesday. We found a nice set of plush chairs outside Bob Marley’s and sipped on those until the rain became manageable.

The selling point the promote at Fat Tuesday is their drinks are made with Everclear and will get you tipsy. All I could taste was the alcohol. It wasn’t bad, but didn’t sit well later!

We are at the taps waiting for EPA this morning, but this is our check out day.

14 Likes

Over so soon?! Enjoy your time in the parks today!

4 Likes

We did the sprint to Hagrid’s & the “Thunderdome” environment of the lockers. We managed to basically walk on.

Rode VC with a 15 minute wait and Hippogriff with a 10 minute wait.

Took the train to Diagon Alley and are stopping in The Leaky Cauldron for speciality drinks.

(OH! They did open the gates 15 minutes early again today…plan accordingly. Hagrid’s is already a 2 hour wait)

@PrincipalTinker - yeah, I got a great deal on flights and hotel by arriving on Wednesday and leaving on Saturday.

13 Likes

I love 3 night trips! I hope it was a good length for you.

5 Likes

I never knew this was a thing.
Glad you’re taking advantage of it and enjoying the offerings.

5 Likes

The passholder appreciations days last a month and a half, in late summer.

6 Likes

Oh my!

10 Likes

I didn’t dare, but I’m glad you did. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Today went well, but DD’s fatigue made her a bit indecisive and wasted a lot of our time. I was very patient, but it was hard!

I held on to the yellow express passes hoping for Mummy or to make a last minute ride easier. I couldn’t get her to make any ride choices. I actually gave the passes away to a random couple. I know it made their day, but I was very disappointed :rage:

I hate to complain, but she’s notorious for not eating much or like only half a meal. We had a world of great options, but she was “never hungry”. Now, at the airport I’ve had to stop at 3 food court eateries!

I did stop by Bread Box Handcrafted Sandwiches on the way out of CityWalk for my own lunch. It was another hit! I got their “New York” sandwich. It’s a Ruben without saurkraut. It was a good size for $11. I get that they don’t add the saurkraut to appeal to a broader audience, but I missed it

We are going through TSA now. I have a handful of thoughts and tips to add, but it’ll have to wait. (Maybe tonight, but probably Monday)

If anyone need a Universal question answered, let me know!

I am going back in less than a month for a full 7 nights/8 days! Can’t wait!

14 Likes

Just met Josh D. in the TSA line!

I wasn’t sure, so I just blurted out “Josh!”. He turned around and said “Hi and Thanks” before his turn for screening

14 Likes