Disney Refugee Brings a Buddy

According to my teen psychology book this begins to get better at 17-18yo. All the sudden they realize the whole world doesn’t revolve around them…I’ll report back in 2-3 years. :wink:

10 Likes

I did not know about these red and yellow passes! What?!?! Game changer for Hagrids!

13 Likes

I was just wondering if I was the only one who had never even heard of them! We’ve been given express passes for ride breakdowns in the past but they were just white and only for that day.

8 Likes

I have never heard of the ‘red’ express passes! Wow. Those are amazing.

5 Likes

Also never heard of them…very intrigued about how that works.

4 Likes

I’ve seen the yellow but not the red. Very few on ebay currently. The expiration looks to be very short term.

6 Likes

We braved Dudley & Popeye with no poncho and rode each at least 3 times. Soooooo soaked! We changed clothes and threw away our shoes. (We planned for that!)

We are eating lunch at Bend the Bao and grabbed drinks at the Margaritaville to Go

We got 6 Boa for a variety. $35

We really enjoyed all of them! I would love them more for about $10 less!

A TM told us that Mummy is having a soft opening, but it’s not guaranteed. We are heading that way

15 Likes

Are you going to rate them for UUOP? They have had no one do this in a couple weeks and are looking for people to rate them.

:smiley:

4 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Looks like you’re having a fun trip so far!

4 Likes

I did do a recording for UUOP! I’ve reached the age that I have to ask my kid for tech help to submit it!

Dd loves Hello Kitty. We wwent window shopping at that store. We are digesting our lunch before doing more rides.

Taking a break from the sun by hiding in the Bourne Stuntacular… ( I hope she likes it even half as much as I do!)

Haven’t made it to Mummy yet.

10 Likes

Sweet! Looking forward to hearing your voice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would have also needed help :laughing:

5 Likes

So I did not give this a go on our trip and your drink photo is making me regret that.
How was it in comparison to VB cocktails?

Fingers crossed for Mummy :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

You’re ahead of me. I can’t even work out what UUOP is :thinking:??

4 Likes

Unnoficial UOR Podcast. It airs once a week on Tuesdays. A recording of @darkmite2 and DD voice with the Boa rating/review should be on next week or probably the following.

8 Likes

Fingers crossed for Mummy!!

4 Likes

Right in the middle of the Bourne preshow she looked so tired. We watched the show. (which she really liked)

I think a combo of a full /happy tymmy with a cocktail along with all the steps did her in!

Afterwards, I really insisted on us taking a break / nap. It was a good call as right about when we got to the CityWalk security hub the “3pm rain” came down like clockwork.

I had a good 2 hour nap and she is waking up now. I didn’t want her to sleep too late and not sleep tonight

11 Likes

Wait.

Is this the same person

:rofl: :laughing:

6 Likes

If it was a solo trip, I’d be fine. I admit that I am using a lot of restraint to not push her. Besides the nap did me good.

We are going back into the parks now, but I don’t know how long she’ll last.

7 Likes

We did single rider F&F - the only way I like to ride it! :rofl:

As soon as we exited the ride, the rain came back. It gave me an excuse to finally try Lombard’s! I got the AP Passholder exclusive Crab Oknomiyaki

I ate about half before remembering to take a photo. It was pretty good. My daughter has been to Japan and it a Japanese food snob. She said this is the closest to “real” Oknomiyaki that she has had in America

She got a shrimp cocktail. It was the smallest shrimp I have seen!

The rain has gone and now we’re going to Diagon Alley

14 Likes

DD had her first hot butterbeer! She agrees that is “real” butterbeer! We don’t care for any other butterbeer options in this family…

FYI - Although hot BB is available year round now, it is not as popular when it’s 90°± outside.

Also, I love everything “pumpkin”. Pumpkin pasties are very gross! They are served cold. It’s just cold basic pie crust with a smear of canned pumpkin pie filling. Maybe if they warmed it up it would be better, but I trash it after 3 bites!

We had another early night. The sugar from the BB gave DD a bit of tummy trouble and she wanted a private lavatory.

Today is VB day. I did buy the Express Pass for VB in advance. I’ll let y’all know how that goes. I already know which Tiki drinks I want! I promise to eat this time!

If you have any VB questions, let me know. I hear even the most popular bloggers and podcasts, like this week’s UUOP provding incorrect or outdated VB info.

15 Likes

Have a great day at VB! I don’t think I have read a recent report on using the express pass there so I am very interested in how it works!

6 Likes