Disney private transfers to and from WDW as part of package on pause

I have it set up and I haven’t gotten alerts for my dates and car size. I think demand is so high there’s no need to have lower rates.

1 Like

:frowning:

I have been re-booking my Alamo rate through Costco but seeing Disney now has it posted as an option is making me nervous. Have they been doing that long?

1 Like

I wonder if booking through Costco still saves $? Back in the day it seemed like booking through Costco was a pretty good deal.

You have ALWAYS been able to add Alamo to your WDW package. Except perhaps when there was a brief pause on all of it) but this was an option way back in the day

Still, with this mess? I would just book direct with Alamo.

2 Likes

You could add it when there was MDE?

Now I am trying to figure out how many years it has been since I booked a package. Wow- I am old.

1 Like

Yep!

I’m a little confused by this thread. Why isn’t Lyft/Uber a good option for these transfers?

(Confused, and a little worried, since we’ll be relying on rideshare apps for several transports during our upcoming trip.)

Lyft and Uber are FINE

But some people are not comfortable with that option.

These private transfers were car service that was reserved just for you and your party ahead of time. They met you at bag claim and they took you directly to your resort. It was a better option for many families as you could also request car seat/booster as needed and it was included with the cost. That’s a lot harder with Lyft and Uber.

If you’re good using rideshare, go on and keep doing that!

4 Likes

Got it, thanks for the explanation!

1 Like

For families with young children Uber/Lyft is not a good option. Also- surge pricing can make Uber/Lyft more expensive than other options. Other times it might be much cheaper- other options allow you to plan the cost.

3 Likes

I have updated the thread title to be a little more clear.

1 Like

I think this is super important to some travelers.

4 Likes

These car services are awful… Disney should have just brought back the mini van airport service, that way they were pretty much reliant on themselves.

2 Likes

Well it was in partnership with Lyft, but I think they staffed them and booked them independent of any other entity

I just built a fake trip to see how it works in case I need it for a future booking.

It allows you to select from several different typse of car seats - and the drivers are trained to install them properly.

But it is very expensive. For a family of 4 from MCO to BLT with 2 boosters is $209 for the date I used. That’s one way. Ow.

Still, it might be worth the expense if they are reliable. I hope you’ll share your experience.

2 Likes

The partnership with Lyft was just for use of the app. They were staffed and the vehicles were leased by Disney (through GM) directly.

3 Likes

It’s impossible for me to believe that Disney can’t find some passenger vans or SOMEthing and a couple of off duty bus drivers to handle it. Yes, rental cars are expensive for you and me, but for Disney? Chump change. There’s no excuse for not lining something else up, even if you have to get rental units from some other part of the state, or another state. Poor customer service.

6 Likes

That’s awful.

Weren’t there also some issues with Lyft/Uber having extraordinarily long waits during peak times? Or has that been worked out better?

1 Like