Disney private transfers to and from WDW as part of package on pause

:open_mouth: :astonished: :angry:

Nothing says welcome to the magic like scrambling last minute to find a ride.

This x1,000. What terrible customer service.

5 Likes

:frowning:

1 Like

I know, right? When she said it appears to be only guests traveling this weekend, I was like - OK but ā€œappears to beā€ is not super strong, and the fact youā€™ve pulled the rug out at this late date does not give me much confidence about the future bookings. I feel like a backup plan is needed.

3 Likes

Can you book now for two weeks from now? Also, any chance this is a Disney IT issue?

1 Like

It sounds to me like a Mears issue as opposed to a Disney issue (although, ultimately itā€™s Disneyā€™s issue too since they sold it).

Also, if your friend is looking for a car service with car seats, I found this company that is specifically geared to families with kids. I havenā€™t used them before, but they seem to get good reviews and Iā€™m going to be trying it next month. Figured Iā€™d pass it along in case your friend needed it.

3 Likes

Not sure it would work anywhere else, but what a great business model for Orlando!

4 Likes

You cannot book any new reservations.

A reminder - this is not Mears Connect or Mears Express - this is the add-on private transfers that are part of your WDW package ONLY.

It looks like this when youā€™re booking (and if you were trying to add it to an existing reservation you had to call, you canā€™t modify the booking)

Oh, but the radio button still works for the Private ground transfers - -they gotta fix that stat!

2 Likes

Thanks! I just passed it along. You know, I donā€™t have many friends that appreciate me answering questions about in-room coffee with a long description of the 50th anniversary single serving pods and in-room chillers that donā€™t cool below 43 degreesā€¦.

7 Likes

She would not say exactly what happened but she did say repeatedly that they and their execs (Disney, that is) were very upset and disappointed over this happening.

It does sound like a Mears issue, not a Disney issue. But the way Disney has handled it is what I am most angry about.

5 Likes

Yes, she was more comfortable with that since it was ā€œthrough Disneyā€.

1 Like

It just reminds me of Quicksilver calling the day before and saying ā€œwe donā€™t have a van so it will cost you moreā€.

4 Likes

As was I personally! :frowning:

1 Like

Exactly.

It would not have upset me in the least if the email had said - weā€™ve encountered some trouble with these transfers, weā€™e pausing them for now, and any impacted reservations will be rebooked with an equivalent or higher level service Like a ā€œdonā€™t worry, we got this, we will take care of you! no need to worry!ā€

But I believe the reason that didnā€™t happen is they know how impossible it is to find anything right now

7 Likes

Oh geez really? Maybe because Iā€™m Emerald club through work I get a much lower rate vs. a regular rate. We had a full size car through National 3 days end of February for $189 (that was tax and everything).

2 Likes

Oh and I forgot about parking since Iā€™m DVC! Yes those parking fees add up.

1 Like

Wow thatā€™s remarkable!

I have a car booked with Alamo for end of April and itā€™s costing me $756 for 9 days. I was just reconsidering the other day.

Edited: I see now you said 3 days

Also mine is a small SUV because there are 4 of us and suitcases.

2 Likes

Yes we are DVC too so no fees for us either. But for most people itā€™s going to cost to park

The $189 was for 3 days using National using my Emerald Club and corporate discount through work. We had a mid size but they ran out so gave us a full size no extra charge

4 Likes

Does Autoslash still prove helpful these days? My rates in 2019 just kept going lower and lower. You know - in the good old days.

1 Like

Right - that can add up!