Disney Online Check-In Housekeeping Options

Oh! My September stay was only two nights at Disney. That might be why this was new for me. It was not in the options in June.

3 Likes

Reading this thread made me realize I hadn’t yet checked in for my January trip.

The housekeeping question was there.

I also realized that in September/October we had a split stay with 3 nights on rented points and two nights at Pop, which is why we wouldn’t have been asked.

I had to look and you are right. Those fields are not there for my 3 night July CC booking.

I am almost sure I was asked this for our December 2020 trip, so I don’t think it is new. And by almost, I specifically remember declining mousekeeping for the length of our stay.

I had those options the week after Thanksgiving. I was in the Riviera Tower Suite. They did empty trash daily.

There was no housekeeping at all at that time, was there?

I thought DIsney did temperature checks when you checked in for an ADR at a resort when they first opened. Or at least did some random checks on some guests…. But I’m not totally sure about that.

1 Like

Oh. Perhaps then I was just agreeing to this fact, rather than being given a choice! :grin:

Yes, they did add that a couple of days (weeks?) after opening but I think only for TS.

2 Likes

Yes only for TS

I was always surprised there was no health check at WDW resorts as well.

I was asked for my check in on 16th. We are requesting coffee daily and a fresh towels request every other day seems to prompt a bedding change and general clean. Lots of people seem to be leaving used bundles of towels and bin bags outside their rooms.

1 Like

They never touched our beds or cleaned the room while we were at ASMo for 7 nights. They only changed the towels and took the trash. It made me hate the fact that Disney does not use fitted sheets. The sheet on the mattress barely fit and would come undone every night.

3 Likes

that is so gross.

2 Likes

we had to do that at Aulani

agree

2 Likes

Yes, it was the same check as at the gates. But, the bracelet allowed you to skip that line at the gate, and to also only get it once. It might have been that you weren’t allowed into the hotel until you did that. There was someone doing it just inside the front door.

1 Like

They’ve been there for me for the past year. One of the perks of staying at Pop in the beforefore times was I was able to get a gift card for declining service, and I’m always on the lookout for that to come back (so I’m closely reading it with my hopes up).

But it always says the same. When I went in…May(?) it was definitely there.

It’s gotten so bad now that it really doesn’t matter what you chose here, the results are the same: they still empty your trash every day and that’s it. Even if you choose “Light” serivice,towels are left, wiping …is dubious, no refill of toiletries, who knows if there’s a vacuuming…

It’s bordering on false advertising that they’re even doing housekeeping now.

also, this BS if you put a DND sign on your door, but they still COME IN while you’re taking a nap is crap. I get it:“safety” (like it’s going to stop anything), but still …

More than a once I’ve now been doing a power nap to wake up to someone IN THE ROOM. WHAT THE FUCK!

5 Likes

They should have to observe some sort of 3 tries rule or something. Like, if they come once and DND is up, they have to try back in an hour or something. Then if it’s still up, they come back one more time, and by then they can enter to the security check after knocking.

3 Likes

Heartily agree. I think some did do that at times? There’s been times where I’ve gotten a phone call saying ‘someone needs to come in’, but that was a long time ago.

But yeah, when you’re waking up to some stranger in your room…it’s damn jarring!

2 Likes

Yeah I had someone open my door while I was napping in December. I had the bolt thrown and the bar in place. I definitely slept through it, but when I went to leave the bolt was unlocked and the safety bar was pushed out like someone tried to open the door and was stopped. It was very unnerving.

3 Likes

Yes!

1 Like