Disney Online Check-In Housekeeping Options

Are these new fields in the online check-in?

3 Likes

No, those were options when I checked in for our trip the week after Thanksgiving. I checked in online a month or 2 before our trip.

2 Likes

So beginning of November? These fields were not there for my June or end of September trips so I am curious when they were added.

1 Like

I don’t remember this as an option for our early October trip.

I think it was earlier than that. I want to say October. I checked in several weeks before I paid off my trip and that was the beginning of November.

We had them come in every other day and they refreshed towels and took out the garbage. That was all. We were in the room on one of the off days and someone stopped by to do their “room check”, which was to walk in, look and walk out.

I feel like I had them for my July trip.

1 Like

I did have them for my September stay at OKW, but I checked in very close to my arrival day.

I saw that on my August trip.

Those options were there before my last trip, to Pop in October. I cannot remember if they were there for the September trip though.

I always check again a day or two before my trip but I would have checked in before I left for Universal, so it might have been right about that time? Leading up to the 50th?

Universal had started full housekeeping at that time.

1 Like

Quite possibly as I checked in September 24 or 25.

1 Like

I’m staying at a British hotel over Christmas. When I checked in I was offered the option of: housekeeping, a free drink every night, or a contribution of $5 to charity for each night.

5 Likes

It doesn’t look like Disney is offering anything to give up housekeeping and there is the notice they will come in for security checks anyways….

1 Like

Luckily I live in a country where citizens do not typically have access to arsenals of weaponry. So that’s not a thing here.

Why don’t WDW hotels have detectors at all the entrances like the parks do?

1 Like

Am I remembering correctly that when the resorts first opened Universal did daily health screening of all resort guests and gave them a bracelet (changed color every day) but Disney did nothing? It is weird how it seems like parking is all they really monitor?

2 Likes

Yes but the Queen of England can just waltz into your house anytime she likes.

This is a joke

3 Likes

Yes, that right

But Disney had the temperature checks to go in the parks.

1 Like

I will say the consistency or rather inconsistency of the policy has been noticeable on my last couple of trips. Some days they only did the trash, other times I got a full towel exchange, never did they touch the bed though.

I checked in for both parts of my split stay just last week and did not get those questions. The first half is cash, the second, DVC for which housekeeping options are not… optional. But neither stay is more than 2 nights, so maybe it wasn’t applicable even to the cash stay.

3 Likes