Disney IT is awful

Not actually a crazy idea.

They need more CMs to run a TS restaurant I would think than they would QS
Also I bet the hourly income from QS is higher than TS just because of volume alone (more bodies through QS line than through leisurely TS meal per hour)

There’s a method to their madness. They do nothing without intention.

2 Likes

Well, that is a guest experience. :wink:

3 Likes

The only way I could get this information was to try to book another, although I knew it was too soon. The error message will tell you when you can book.

1 Like

Every time I look at the title of this thread I think Disney IT, awful are redundant :thinking:

3 Likes

Even when I tried to book another LL,
MDE wouldn’t tell me when I was again eligibile. The notification would pop up. The actual time wouldn’t populate though. I had issues/glitches with accessing the Tip Board, canceling, actually being able to purchase G+, and the eligibility information. Ultimately GS ended up giving us G+ free of charge because our app just wasn’t working. They also informed me that they’d opened an IT ticket. I feel really badly for the CMs dealing with this. You could tell that they dislike G+ as much as most guests dislike it.

6 Likes

I’m sorry you had this experience in chat @heathernoel. That makes me sad.

1 Like

I know, right?!?!

3 Likes

Chat has been a lifeline and lifesaver so many times. But on my last trip this was particularly frustrating.

But perhaps it is misplaced frustration, because why in the world would a system be so dysfunctional that every single user experiences it differently?

5 Likes

Lol it never did for me :rofl::rofl::rofl: I mean come on Disney!

Edited: just saw @WakandaForever post - that was my experience exactly.

2 Likes

Yikes, must be a new wrinkle. That really stinks!!

1 Like

That was not my experience. It would tell me I wasn’t eligible, but nit when I would be. Honestly the whole G+ experience just felt like it was screaming NO at me every time I pressed a button.

3 Likes

I’m hoping that by the time my next trip comes around (several months from now) all this G+ mess is either gone, fixed, or TP can get me through the day with out RDing. I rarely optimize during the day as I find I can make my plans work and were able to accurately plan my FP times (bc you also got to pick them!) This whole G+ system seems so icky to me. It really takes away from the magic of Disney. Sure it may save some people time but FP+ was better. Standby still seems to suck so just bring FP+ back already, even if it’s paid. At this point, I’d pay for the old system (or is that the plan the entire time, make the system so terrible that when you bring back FP+, people will, with gratitude, shell out even more a day to get it?)

3 Likes

All right, you all convinced me I have to send that email anout how great my trip was, but that the tech that worked one second and not the next, and one way one second and different way the next was crazy making. And really undermines everything.

Beacsue when I am asked to help friends with their trip, if they say they have and Android, I tell them “this is not going to go the way you think it is”.

3 Likes

Which is weird because when I went back in 2019, I don’t remember having major issues like this on Android specificity.

1 Like

So, do I need to buy an iPhone this week? All the adults in my group have Android.

I’ve always been android and also never had issues. It’s been since the pandemic and all these MDE updates that things have gotten wonky.

1 Like

I wouldn’t, but if you’re itching for a new phone and want an iphone I don’t think it would hurt.

2 Likes

Meh, I’m pretty partial to my $300 Blackberry!

1 Like

OK this is just weird.

I’m at D-60 for my leading reservation today but not actually dining at Disney at the start of my trip.
Logged into DME on my desktop for a practice run.

When I select a restaurant and try to check availability, I can’t bring up the first ten dates. Just stuck in the 60 day range.

But when I’m on the Dining page, I can select the date including the first 10 days of my leading reservation, search availability and then go down the list to select the restaurant.

Is that they way this usually works?

1 Like

I’m in the biz as well. I’m guessing that you also know that the reality might be that the metrics are set up in a way that their IT looks like a fantastic shining star of the business? I’ve laughed so many times at the contracts I’ve seen between companies. There are plenty of sayings like, “They are not good at IT, they are good at contracts,” or, “Outsourcing is like heroin, once you get a tiny bit in your bloodstream, they know they’ve got you, and they are so cheap, you just keep adding more and more before you start noticing the symptoms.”

Not ALL of them are bad, that’s not what I’m saying. But I’ve seen some horrific IT outsourcing, because the execs that make the decision to outsource have no clue what IT does for their company. They only know that their computer can open a word doc, or send an email. The outsourcing company promises to deliver what the contract says. The issue is, that the contracts can be structured in a way that is VERY favorable to the new company taking on the work, because the folks making the decision to hire them have no idea what they are getting into, except the money savings. I’ve seen so many execs jump ship and get a BETTER job, while the infrastructure of their previous company crumbles from the inside out. The execs can just show other companies how much money they saved to a new company, and then the new company says, “Wow, here’s a zillion dollars, do that for us!” I’ve seen it a LOT.

My favorite example was when a newish CIO of a multi billion dollar co (yes, billion) gave a speech to their IT Dept after one year of their decision to outsource some of the dept said, “Our decision to outsource was a great success!” and then showed a graph month to month metrics on a screen to everyone, and the graph showed some “big picture” nonsense that anyone over the age of 16 could pick apart in a few minutes. At the QA session after the meeting, I stood up and asked the CIO where the info came from. The proud response was, “The offshore company sent this to me, and they send me these stats every month.” They quit 3 months after that, and got a better job paying several million dollars more.

Literally, sad.

It’s not every company, but I’ve seen some things.

2 Likes