Disney IT is awful

yeah but by letting obstacles to booking ADRs remain, you’re pushing those 1000’s of ppl towards the simple fix: Quick Service
So you’re leaving money on the table with every failed attempt to book Table Service.

7 Likes

At least, according to Old Cheapek, the focus is on the guest experience. I’m thankful for that.

5 Likes

It’s Friday Eve…

What money is being left on the table? Is QS less profitable? And are the TS ADR’s just not getting filled?

Yes. Sigh. The biggest ones are not crucial, but still a PITA.

1. My ability to cancel an LL was hit or miss
  2. My ability to select rides to show at the top of the tip board was hit or miss. There were two work arounds to this:
  • Set up the top rides under “My Day”
  • Click on the ride I want. From the next page click on the “LL” and then the ride will be at the top of the tip board.
  1. It never showed me when I could make my next LL. Anywhere. Ever. Despite eveyone telling me it did. I had a note pinned to my home page where l aways kept list of my LLs, when I could make the next one, and what ride I wanted at that time. I set up a “mock” list every morning of how I wanted it to go, and then updated it IRT.
  2. When purchasing an ILL you will definitely have to log back in. Some people have reported their credit card payment was not recognized. I always used a gift card so just cut and pasted the number in.
  3. No matter what phone you have, your LL time, once booked, only shows up under “my day”. The Tip Board will continue showing currently available times, not your time.

Aggressively clearing the cache twice a day helped with some of these isses.

4 Likes

Same experience. Such crap.

And you make the mistake of asking about it in chat and everyone tells you, you are doing it wrong. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Yes, I think it’s safe to say QS meals cost less than TS.
Unless you’re eating an awful lot of hot dogs at Casey’s to console yourself that you didn’t get BOG.
Guess we don’t know how improving ADRs would reduce the capacity for walk-ups.

3 Likes

I still would, yes. It’s called personal pride.

4 Likes

There is something about doing your best at your job.
And serving your customers

5 Likes

I mean there are only so many ways to get one and view one so you’d think it would be standard. I think some of it has to do with the code in Android vs iPhone.

1 Like

Right. That’s why they are keeping the focus on the guest experience! :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t even understand how the experinece can change, from one hour to the next, for the same person, on the same phone.

3 Likes

I’m very familiar with the differences between Android and iOS development. There are ways to handle this well, which the Disney software engineers are obviously not doing.

5 Likes

It seems to me so much of the glitchiness has tondonwith caches and cookies. One reason our UK friends can’t even see half of Genie.

Would that make sense? That their desire to collect data is messing up the functionality? Or are caches a whole different thing? I am a lay person, but that seems to be a trend…

5 Likes

Battlebots.

4 Likes

But we don’t know their profit margins. QS may be wildly more profitable.

2 Likes

It’s not even the tracking - if you store stuff in the cache or cookies the wrong way (and there can be lots of stuff stored there - your future plans for example might be kept in the cache to improve performance) you can get it into a funky state.

1 Like

I tend to think I would too. BUT, if people are still paying a ton, and they are lined up to pay a ton, and they wait for however long it takes to pay a ton, then maybe, it would appear that everything is just peachy with how the IT dept is running. No need to change too much.

I’d assume QS costs less than TS as well, but perhaps it’s more profitable for Walt to steer people towards QS because Walt makes more money. I’m not pretending I know, just a possibility. Heck, they may have researched this stuff already and said, “Meh - who cares about our ADR system, the customers will still wait however long it takes to get an adr to pay us, and QS is more profitable, so concentrate more on mobile ordering.”

Again, I have no idea, but I do know that WDW is a business, and the execs make a crapton of cash. The parks are crowded, and people are lined up to come and spend money. I’m guessing they have depts devoted to where to spend, and how to interpret what revenue streams are lagging. They are doing ok. Maybe not for some individuals’ experience, but the money coming in says they are doing ok.

2 Likes