Disney IT is awful

Honestly I couldn’t switch at this point. I started with Android with the Verizon Droids a decade ago and haven’t ever felt the need to change. I’ve gotten my whole extended family either on Pixels or Galaxies. They just work for us.

Except for MDE. :rage:

3 Likes

Totally correct that I was assuming. I fully concede to your knowledge if you know. Complete assumption on my part, based on the performance of their apps and complaints. It truly has characteristics of people that are not familiar with the core needs of the business, performing functions that are directly and indirectly related to the core needs, but since they are not familiar with the way the systems need to perform happily with other moving parts, these random issue occur over and over.

2 Likes

Yes!!! This all of it :rofl::rofl::rofl: Can I borrow this for my letter?

There are multiple terms for this. Crazymaking is one. Gas lighting is another. Neither of which should be associated with a theme park OR IT.

6 Likes

That’s just DisIT being DisIT unfortunately. That really sucks.

4 Likes

Android is so intuitive. Ios makes no sense to me. My dad was issued and iPhone for work and none of us know how to do much with it. Team android for life!

3 Likes

You both are correct. If you follow the article referenced in this post by @JJT FastCompany Article (The Messy Business of Reinventing Happiness) you will find a cavalcade of contractors AND a series of project management gaffs on Disney’s part.

The debate of IOS vs Android is moot, as the real issues are more likely to reside in the back-end. How else can you explain it taking 5 hours to get your magic band to open a hotel room that you have spent hundreds of dollars a night on. By all accounts that I have read, the back-end looks like a patchwork quilt.

This ! If you going to rely on a sub component then as the developer you are responsible for its behavior.

For another take on this, look here: MyMagic Minus: The Post-Pandemic Fall of Disney’s Billion Dollar Pre-Planning Empire

Edit: add link to JJT post

2 Likes

Their description of the backend matches the limited look I got into it about 8 years ago. It is indeed a mess.

I do think the article may have been off the mark on Magic Bands. The fact that they’re coming out with a new model and expanding it to Disneyland is interesting, and I do wonder what their future plans for Magic band are.

2 Likes

Just adding to the IT vent - I’m trying to book a park reservation. I log in, go to park reservations, click “make a reservation”, it briefly takes me to a “choose your party” screen, and then blips back to the login page. In an infinite loop.

2 Likes

Incognito

2 Likes

This worked! I mean, it didn’t work on Safari, I had to download Chrome, but it worked! Whether one should have to install a whole new browser and go into stealth mode in order to fulfill what should be a basic function of the website is a debate for another time. Thank you!

6 Likes

This is sooo crazy!

2 Likes

Hey I booked a restaurant!

OK. It took me half an hour with two devices and three windows up before times even populated but I landed one incognito.
(Of course after I reserved, every screen/device showed times and played all innocent.)

So much simpler in 1999

7 Likes

What did you get??

1 Like

So much simpler in 2019.

3 Likes

Me, too.
I’d seen in screenshots where it gave the time if you tried too early. Maybe when they took away the hacks to get extra G+ they took that away too. I ended up setting a phone alarm every time. It took my family a long time to learn to leave me alone for a bit even after I got the reservation.

1 Like

Supper at Sanaa.

5 Likes

Nice! We have an early lunch there while we are at Kidani. I expect to also scoop up some bread service as a snack one night :wink:

4 Likes

I figured it would set the tone just right on the day we check-in to AKL.
And, of course, bread service. :wink:

2 Likes

Funny enough, that’s how we are doing Sanaa too. Early lunch on transition day! Nothing says “you’re home at AKL” quite like a meal at Sanaa and watching the animals!

4 Likes

2 Likes