Disney Food You Made At Home

I have measuring jugs, I’m not sure if they measure in 20 or 25ml increments but I can get it more or less right. Thanks.

Raise your hand if you want @ryan1 to cook you a meal and bake you a cake. :blush::raising_hand_woman::raised_back_of_hand:

3 Likes

How about a cheesecake? I love making cheesecake. Here are your choices:

• Cherry Lemon
  • Cherry
  • Neapolitan
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Chocolate Brownie
  • Pineapple Coconut
  • Caramel Apple

I could probably make others if you want, but those are the ones I’ve made.

And for dinner, I’ll just order Little Caesar’s. :wink:

6 Likes

Chocolate brownie!!!

Here ya go…

8 Likes

I have made Dole Whip at home. It’s a winner every time and a much healthier alternative… It’s basically just coconut milk and frozen pineapple (we used to add a little powdered Stevia to get that in park sweet hit, but the pineapple is enough sweetness now). Super yummy.

3 Likes

This is interesting. My son loved Dole Whip at the parks, but does not like coconut. Maybe it is one of those magical park experiences that doesn’t work at home. I guess I could try it with another type of milk.

It really doesn’t taste like coconut though. Just pineapple.

1 Like

Yes bought them all at the Parks. Unfortunately (for me) my DH way to relax after a hard day at work is to cook.
He doesn’t bake though.
Baking requires measuring! :joy::joy::joy:

Thanks @BenF12400 and @stlouie on the Naan recommendations - we have tried at least one of these two, can’t remember which one, as both are regular stops for us. They were good, but there’s just no replacing the fresh made Naan. :frowning:

1 Like

I wish I could but I’d end up with something like this one (PG-13 nsfw or young ones): Best Culture Recipes, How-Tos And Tips | Food Network Canada

I would like to make a LeFou’s Brew if anyone has attempted it…

1 Like

Maybe you can buy some from an Indian restaurant.

1 Like

Absolutely hilarious!

Ok, so I just got out my scale (and looked at a few bags of chocolate chips) and 1 cup chocolate chips = 185 g chocolate chips.

For icing/powdered/ confectioner’s sugar, the package I have has the serving size as 1/4 cup = 30 g, so 1 cup = 120g which seems correct to me. You’ll often see variations in flour weights for the volume measurements to the different “scooping” methods - using the cup measure to scoop up the flour (which is a greater flour weight as the flour is packed into the cup), using a spoon to fill the cup, or sifting the flour and using a spoon to fill the cup. This is why I like weights! Much more exact!

For the Heath bars, I happen to have a bag of Heath Bar Bits, where 1 Tbsp = 15 g, so 1/2 cup = 120 grams. (There are 16 Tbsp in 1 cup, and 8 Tbsp in 1/2 cup, so 15 x 16 = 120 g).

2 Likes

Thank you! You’re a star.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

I have all of those cookbooks too, LOVE them. I also have the Coast to Coast Food & Wine festival book, which is a favorite for me after having experienced California Adventure’s Food & Wine festival last year.

Have you seen that they just came out with a new cookbook in the “Delicious Disney” series? I can’t wait to get back to the parks to purchase it!

$100 later…

18 Likes

Oh, yay! How fun?!

How were the waffles?