Disney Food You Made At Home

Several on Pinterest. My favorite spot for recipes.

1 Like

I need Homecomin’s pickle recipe… I know, I’m weird. :wink: I hate bread & butter pickles, but the ones we had there were amazing!

1 Like

Try Trader Joe’s frozen naan. Comes in varieties

2 Likes

I make Boma’s butternut squash soup recipe quite frequently. I also have several of the Disney Festival cookbooks that I made things out is on occasion.

Love my Mickey Waffle Maker and I do have the pineapple Dole whip mix.

My next planned Disney recipe is for 'Ohana’s chicken wings.

@missoverexcited, if you need help converting from cups to weight measurements let me know. I grew up using volume (cup) measurements but now do all of my baking by weight, so I’ve gotten pretty good at making the conversations. I prefer how precise you can be when cooking by weight.

1 Like

Costco has an excellent naan.

3 Likes

Do you have the recipe already? If not, I have one we use often.

1 Like

My husband and I are all about the food at Disney so he has several cookbooks from WDW. He loves to try the different recipes. Butter chicken is our favorite.

3 Likes

Thanks for the offer, I do have the recipe as it’s in the Chef Mickey cookbook.

1 Like

Thanks!

3 cups confectioner’s sugar - I found a conversion site that said 1 cup = 110g, does that sound right?

The others are 1 cup choc chips, and 1/2 cup finely chopped Heath bars.

When you do make this you NEED to let me know how it turned out and i might need the recipe please.

1 Like

Of course! I am off work w/c 17th Feb so I might make it then.

1 Like

Love those! You buy them at the parks?

We made the curry chicken salad from WAT and Le Cellier soup this week!

4 Likes

I love both of those. I really need to be finding more Disney recipes.

If anyone has an ohana noodle recipe, please share!

1 Like

1 cup is the same volume as 8 fluid ounces. So if you measure out 8 fluid ounces of water, and mark the line, it will be exactly one cup. You can then use that as a guide when you are measuring out “cups” of ingredients.

For further reference, 1 fluid ounce is ~29.6 grams, so 8 fluid ounces is ~236.8 grams.

So find a measuring cup that holds 236 grams of water, and there you have your “cup” by volume for dry ingredients.

I’ll have to convert the grams to millilitres first! Baby bottles are in fluid ounces but it’s a long time since I’ve had one handy.

1 gram = 1 ml

Really? I’m so bad with measurements. And cups are the amount of space something takes up rather than how much it weighs? I find this really confusing! Can I weigh 236g of water and then the cup that fits in is the right size?

Yeah. 1 gram is the weight of 1 ml of water, which is why they are the same.

ml measures volume, not weight, really. In the US, we use fluid ounces versus ounces. OUnce is a weight. A fluid ounce is the volume of water taken up by 1 ounce (weight) of water. So, ml and grams work the same way, really.

If you have a measuring cup that has ml listed on it, you can just measure your dry/wet ingredients out to ~240 ml (close enough to 236) and you’ll be good. 1/2 cup would be 120 ml, etc.