Disney Food You Made At Home

I haven’t had it, but on one of the descriptions I read online mentioned that it was more like a cookie.

But, then cookies were originally a way to test if the oven was the right temp for a cake.

If that is the case, I might make it at home and just toss it in the car.
We will be driving to FL the last weekend in January, so trunk shouldn’t get too hot. What is your thought?

The plan is to leave home Friday noon-ish. Arrive early Saturday morning. Normally we would settle in to our room. But, we will have to assume that we can’t truly check-in until 3pm. We have 11 am Topolino’s reservations, and that is our only plans except to hang out at the pool/water slides. I thought maybe we’d have the Toffee cake for dinner.

3 Likes

I think it will be fine to do that.

2 Likes

Here’s my first attempt at making the delicious tomato basil soup at Jolly Holiday in DLR. Tasted more like marinara sauce!:pleading_face: I misread the recipe and added too much tomato paste!

5 Likes

When you need more mix it’s cheaper directly from Golden Malted than from Amazon.

1 Like

Throw it on some pasta. I’m sure it’s delicious.

1 Like

Yep! It was a delicious pasta sauce!

1 Like

I was looking for a Disney Cookbooks thread and stumbled on this one - good reading! I’d love to know what other Disney cookbooks (official or unoffical) folks have and like!
I’ve been going through my extremely large cookbook collection and making recipes from one cookbook every week.
Last week I used this one - I think this is the only official Disney cookbook in my collection (and it has some definite issues):

and made a few different items (I’ve never had any of these dishes in the parks to compare)

11 Likes

The three in the center are my Disney cookbook collection, along with the Nightmare Before Christmas book off to the side. I’d like to get the new book for the 50th but I haven’t been able to get my hands on it yet :grimacing:

More than anything I find myself trying drink recipes from property. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Those perogies look legit!

2 Likes

Thanks! My first try at perogies! They were really fun to make and super tasty (who doesn’t love dough fried in butter shoved full of mashed potatoes and cheese), but I probably need to roll my dough a little thinner next time.

3 Likes

Looks like good empanada dough though.

1 Like

There’s an empanada recipe in this book that I’m definitely going to try out soon! All cuisines that have doughy things stuffed and fried are delicious and are for me. :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow, super impressive presentation on all of those!

Thank you so much!

I’m back in the kitchen for Halloween. Doing mostly HHN stuff. However, I bought everything for Mickey apples in 2020 and never got around to doing it! I noticed all the candy melts were still good, so I finally got these off my bucket list.

9 Likes

Nice job!

2 Likes

Thanks! My first attempt at icing pipe work.

They are delicious! I ate one late last night. Took me a while to break through the shell. Once I did though it became much easier to eat.

4 Likes