Disney Food You Made At Home

So… I tried the Bengal Beef Skewers recipe in the Disney cookbook tonight.

I would call it a “Disney DUD” … (Sorry for no pic… it was just chunks of meat, not very picturesque IMHO)

Very bland and underwhelming… (I could’ve just dumped a generic teriyaki sauce on it & it would’ve been basically the same flavor)

Before coming here I peeked at DFB to compare their copycat recipe to this one and it’s very different. Maybe I’ll see if that’s any better next time.

I still want to stop by Bengel BBQ on my DLR visit, but won’t make this recipe again.

3 Likes

My second attempt at ooey gooey toffee cake. It is so delicious! Much better than attempt number one.

16 Likes

I am so happy it worked out for you. It looks SO delicious!

4 Likes

Looks SOOOO good!

2 Likes

Thanks guys, it is yummy!

1 Like

looks ooey, and gooey!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: Congratulations! Have an extra piece for me!

1 Like

For more follow @Jeff_AZ’s thread on Memes and Jokes

9 Likes

Thanks @Jsanta26 and @stlouie!

1 Like

@vcka’s “banana bread” inspired me to make Tonga Toast tonight! I’ve never had it at the park, but OMG was it YUMMY!! I’ll definitely make it again!

11 Likes

That looks amazing! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow that looks delicious!

1 Like

It really was! The only way I can describe it is if you combined french toast & bananas foster, (Which happens to be my favorite dessert!)

I was still stuffed until lunch time the next day. Even then I didn’t eat much of a lunch!

My family definitely wants it again. but we decided it needs to be for special occasions. It’s just too much food for a “normal” meal!

4 Likes

Not made at home but found near my home! And compared to Disney prices I got 6 for the price of 1!

@galuchies_463555

8 Likes

Be selfish and keep them to yourself

2 Likes

I found some last summer at Total Wine and I literally cleared the shelf. Took every one they had.

3 Likes

So, has anyone successfully made the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake at home? As in started with a box of cake mix?

I read a couple of recipes but it seems to become very confused about what pan to use. The same recipe would talk about a cake pan and a muffin pan. Can someone clear that up and tell me how it went? eta Normally I cook cakes to an internal temp, but I’m not sure how that would work with the topping into the cake. So, if you could tell me the temp/time that worked for you that would be nice.

My original-original plans made pre-lockdown were to go to LTT for lunch and get the Toffee cake. Everyone in the family is huge toffee fans. Now we can’t do that without getting the thanksgiving meal, which we don’t want. And, even then I’ve read enough reports of it being dry that I decided I’ll just make it myself while on vacation. BTW, Dry and Ooey don’t go together. I’ve decided to keep the condo reservations, so we’ll have a full kitchen at Disney. We also drive so can throw in any specialty equipment we need. I also thought that I’d make it and take to Thanksgiving as a bonus offering.

I’ve made it twice in a square cake pan. I found that out of the oven it’s just ok, but the next day it’s outstanding.

1 Like

I use the recipe in the official WDW cookbook now - it’s the same as the one on Disney Food Blog IIRC - and it is amazing. I make it in a 9x13 pan.

2 Likes

I made it but I wasn’t very impressed. Just sweet on top of sweet, and it was more like a cookie or a bar than a cake as I was expecting (I’ve hever had the real thing).

1 Like