Disney Dreams that Soar (DS Drone Show)

Has anyone seen this show? Is it worth staying for? We have dinner reservations at Raglan Road tonight.

4 Likes

I have not seen it. We ate at Raglan Road and then went to watch it, then it was cancelled. :sweat_smile:

It seems like it is cancelled 50% of the time. If it starts not too long after your reservation, I hear it is amazing and worth watching. But I wouldn’t pin your hopes and dreams on seeing it, or go to extraordinary cost or effort, just due to the likelihood of cancellation.

Wind and rain can both be contributing factors to cancellation, even if the storm ends a while before go time or if it feels like there’s no wind – it’s all about wind at the altitude of the drones.

3 Likes

I saw it and wished I had the opportunity to see it again. I enjoyed it. It went by fast! It is only like a 10 minute show.

But like Jeff said, it is so weather (wind and/or rain can cancel the show) dependent! If you have time and you are at DS already, I highly recommend it.

I start talking about my experience here:

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/really-says-my-kids/100125/320?u=stlouie

3 Likes

Thank you both!

2 Likes

We saw it multiple times on our trip since we were lucky enough to have a view of it from our resort. I would definitely try to catch it especially if you are already in DS. We booked the Jaleo cocktail hour to get a prime seat and it was a highlight of our trip (it helps that the food at Jaleo was delicious)

3 Likes

Yes, it is not a long show but we enjoyed it.

4 Likes

We saw it last week. Definitely worth it. We entered the official viewing area over by House of Blues and then walked all the way back down to the other end near Starbucks. It was less crowded there (10:45 show) AND then we were first out headed back to the busses.

3 Likes

We will be there the final night. We have booked a dinner at a Planet Hollywood at 8, with intention to watch the first showing. I am concerned about crowds though.

3 Likes

There are a lot of people but it’s not too bad. There is plenty of room for everyone. Just relax and don’t try to steam through the crowds. Plan to browse shops afterward.

2 Likes

DS was VERY crowded last night. We should not have planned for a Friday. We got a push notification that due to crowd levels at DS, we should expect different traffic patterns at the end of the night. We got concerned and left. Early day today at MK. Last full park day. We will try to catch it next trip if it is still here. Thanks so much for all of your replies though!

1 Like

Anyone been to this in the last couple of weeks? Wondering if it is still super crowded. Experiences? What about leaving after it was over via buses?

1 Like

DS was super crowded, but not the viewing area. I had got texts saying that the show was at capacity, but it wasn’t.

How crowded WAS the viewing area? Did you get there early? How early?

We have an ADR at Planet Hollywood just before the drone show so we are close.

Did you take the buses back after the show? Was it a madhouse?

2 Likes

I was there mid July. I arrived at the viewing area near House of Blues 10-15 minutes before the show and there was plenty of space. It filled up more at the last minute but I wasn’t on top of people like at in park fireworks. It was slow moving heading back to the buses but manageable. Just make sure you take the path to the buses by Planet Hollywood instead of walking all the way back up to the front like I did :woman_facepalming: There was something up with the BC bus that night and it took 45 minutes for a bus to come but that seemed to be an anomaly as every other resort had multiple buses in that time. SSR had half a dozen buses in that time frame which I though was crazy because people can walk or boat there.

3 Likes

With SSR so close, probably all it takes is 2 buses, and they can be there and back in a jiffy!

2 Likes

I arrived at the last minute when the app said it was “at capacity”, yet there was a good 20 feet of empty space around me.

People can be silly: they all crammed toward the front, even though the show is in the sky. Being closer to the water up front doesn’t give you a better experience than staying in the back. So, stay in the back!

I did not take the bus. I parked my car. Were you not following my trip report? :triumph: :rofl: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I try to follow trip reports, but I’m finding it increasingly difficult to do so when there are so many!!! Sorry. Nothing personal!

2 Likes

This is good advice. I’ll keep it in mind, and not become a Lemming.

2 Likes

I hear you!

I know. I was 99.999% joking.

1 Like

But…I worry about the .001%. :smiley:

2 Likes