Disney Dreams that Soar (DS Drone Show)

So my experience was a little different on Sunday night. It was VERY crowded IMO. They ushered you down one path and one path only. The main viewing behind House of Blues was full by the time we got there around 8:40. They moved us to the over flow area to the left. It was fine, show is in the sky, so as long as your not behind the trees in that area, you are fine. But we were packed in there pretty good.

Leaving was awful, just people everywhere…all going in the same direction. Got out, but it was def a mass of people mess leaving.

The show itself was good. I enjoyed it. Despite fighting with the masses, I’d likely do it again.

2 Likes

Your report is what I did NOT want to hear. :confused:

Can you change it to be more positive? :wink:

Anyhow, I hate the crowds. So, was hoping that we could find a way to avoid the sardine can feeling that you find at the MK fireworks.

Now, you were there on a Sunday night, so perhaps that would be more crowded. Even though we are going on the very last day of the show (Labor Day), we are hoping that with kids returning to school, and it being a school night, it will keep people away. That might just be wishful thinking.

2 Likes

My opinion: don’t miss it. Even if you end up being uncomfortable for a short time, I guarantee you that the show is worth it. Any pictures you may have seen don’t do it justice. It’s a unique and breathtaking experience. Just give it a try!

2 Likes

Well, unless it is cancelled due to weather (hurricanes, you know), we are still planning on going. We have an ADR at Planet Hollywood just before the show so that we are nearby. I just want to be mentally prepared.

2 Likes

This will help. When the show was over, Walter and I found things to do nearby so we didn’t have to walk with the crowd.
Being mentally prepared also helps (I wasn’t, ha!).

1 Like

Was there Monday night for 9 pm. It was crowded, but not as bad as HEA in front of the castle. We arrived maybe 30 min early because I don’t want to shop, and we were tired. We sat on the grass (maybe this was overflow?). No one was there when we sat, but it did fill up. Most people bunch at the front, which has been mentioned is not an advantage. I thought it was manageable all in all.

Getting out was ok. The main issue was the people lining up to see the later show, so it was heavy traffic both sides. But again, manageable, imo. And you’re not far from the bus depot at the exit.

2 Likes

My recommendation would still be to do it. We had dinner, stopped at Giddeons and started walking there at 830…from what i had read, really thought we aould be in good shape…

It could be a different feel in the main area. In the overflow, it reminder me of HEA type crowding. The one thing i wont sugar coat is the walk back, that was rough. Just a slow shuffle oit with the usual impatient people pushing past.

2 Likes

Agree with this, if you can find a way to past time and let the crowds past, will be better.

I wasnt prepared either…

2 Likes

I went on August 8th (a Thursday). We left Epcot at 8, called an Uber, and he took us to DS. Had I realized there were taxis at the ride share area, I would have grabbed a waiting one as my experiences with ride shares are terrible. For this trip, the driver was rude, then only after we got to Disney springs did he say “are you going to Disney springs? I can’t drop you off where you want” - the location was one of the options in the app

Anyway, if you go this route, be dropped off by the cirque show.

It had been raining, we got through security by 8:50 and then got an alert that the 9 pm show was cancelled. We decided to wait for the 10:45 show. We went to Jaleo to get some dinner and we were seated right away at 9. We had a terrible experience. We ordered 4 tapas, 2 of which arrived at 9:40. At 10:15 I was panicking because we had not received the rest of our dinner, we had not seen our waitress since the first food was dropped off, and wanted to get a decent spot for the show. We flagged down a server who said the food would be out shortly and that the manager was looking for our waitress. She returned as if nothing had happened. We asked for the check, she asked if I had any discounts, I showed her my AP, and she brought us the check without the discount. We ran out the back of the restaurant with like 10 min to spare and just jumped in with the crowd outside the back of the restaurant.

There was a cast member directing traffic and leaving a clear walk way. He directed people to either get behind the yellow tape and that also there was more room by Starbucks.

Despite the journey getting there, the drone show was AMAZING. Photos and videos do not do it justice as they don’t highlight the three dimensional aspects.

After the show, we walked with the crowd to the buses and got on a waiting bus back to our hotel. I didn’t find it overly crowded and people were generally relaxed and not pushy.

4 Likes

For those who are willing to pay for dining packages, try Jaleo: Dreams that Soar at Disney Springs - Jaleo by José Andrés

I got it for my June trip. I thought it was very reasonably priced. Do be aware that the Drone Show can be cancelled. I got the Dining Package for the second showing, which was good because the first showing was cancelled!

I wrote about my Jaleo Disney Dreams that Soar Dining Package here: https://forum.touringplans.com/t/really-says-my-kids/100125/327?u=stlouie.

3 Likes