Disney Dish Merry Holiday Extravaganza - December 2-4, 2022

Always!
You should have said hi! I promise we don’t bite. We do crack ourselves up a lot, but not sure anyone else finds us nearly as funny as we think we are.

6 Likes

Next time! (And knowing this group there will be a next time… and a time after that… and after that :smile:)

5 Likes

I almost went last year but life got in the way. There wasn’t a sign up or anything, you just show up if you are interested. Might make it this year :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

This is the best way to be.

3 Likes

I’m a little late to the party here but really hope to attend - noticed that they are also doing a special breakfast that morning but I can’t find where to buy tickets … any ideas?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply—life, etc.

Here’s what Storybook Destinations (the travel agency handling the event) gave me as a tentative schedule, back in early July:

Disney Dish Merry Holiday Extravaganza
December 2–4, 2022

FRIDAY DEC 2

• 9:00–11:00am Breakfast and podcast at Contemporary
  • Country Bear Jamboree sing-along
  • Group speedway race
  • Gingerbread-building
  • Possible group meet at Christmas party

SATURDAY DEC 3

• 10:00am - Drinking around the World
  • Group SSE ride with our own audio

Then a couple weeks ago they sent me more details on the ticketed events (I’m passing on both of these):

Disney Dish Breakfast and Podcast - $100
This event will be a breakfast buffet with the menu to be announced a little closer to the event. There will be lots of learning and laughs as we listen to Jim and Len record one of their legendary podcasts! (If you have any special dietary needs, please make us aware in the comments section when you buy the tickets.)

Drinking around the World with Bethany - $300
These tickets are very limited (25 total). The beverages are already picked out and the schedule designed. Private Event in La Cava to start the morning off! Lots of goodies and surprises at this event.

Here’s the link for the Storybook Destinations page for all Disney Dish events.

4 Likes

You know…I should read before replying sometimes… $300 for drinking around Epcot… on a Saturday… hmmm

3 Likes

Yeah, no way that’s cost-effective for me with my two-drink maximum.

3 Likes

I assume there won’t be extra costs for the ride-related events… Those sound like fun!

2 Likes

Yeah! I’m definitely going to plan for Epcot on Saturday at 10. Friday I am tentatively planning on going to SW for all their holiday stuff. They do such a good job and they only do it on the weekends.

2 Likes

Wait, are you doing the $300 drinking thing?

What’s SW?

1 Like

Oh God no. I can get sufficiently buzzed for way less than $300 all on my own. I’m assuming there is a free version along with the SSE ride.

SW is SeaWorld. Controversial to some, but I really enjoy it and haven’t been since 2019. They do a lot of special holiday shows and now that Sesame Place is open there I really want to see it all decked out for the holidays.

2 Likes

I think that I saw on Instagram that this sold out in seconds! I was a little surprised because I thought it was awfully steep as well, but I guess 25 people isn’t that many people.

3 Likes

Oh! I’m sure it’ll be great seeing everything all festive. I’m looking forward to touring the monorail resorts for the same reason!

2 Likes

It’s my favorite time of the year by far.

2 Likes

Wow, I am surprised too.

I was just wondering today if Michael and I were the only 2 people who signed up for info on these Dish events. My Storybook Destinations update about the ticketed events was addressed to me and some guy I don’t know named Michael. :rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Haha that’s too funny!

I attended the gingerbread house contest last year and it was a lot of fun! But it just happened to coincide with my trip. I’m not sure I would go out of my way for it. $100 for the podcast breakfast seems nuts! Even Chef Mickey’s is “only” $50.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t know what that gets you. Unlimited mimosas? With OJ hand-squeezed by Len?

1 Like

What was this like? As in, what did you actually do? Was there a charge for it?