Disney Dish Merry Holiday Extravaganza - December 2-4, 2022

You know…I should read before replying sometimes… $300 for drinking around Epcot… on a Saturday… hmmm

3 Likes

Yeah, no way that’s cost-effective for me with my two-drink maximum.

3 Likes

I assume there won’t be extra costs for the ride-related events… Those sound like fun!

2 Likes

Yeah! I’m definitely going to plan for Epcot on Saturday at 10. Friday I am tentatively planning on going to SW for all their holiday stuff. They do such a good job and they only do it on the weekends.

2 Likes

Wait, are you doing the $300 drinking thing?

What’s SW?

1 Like

Oh God no. I can get sufficiently buzzed for way less than $300 all on my own. I’m assuming there is a free version along with the SSE ride.

SW is SeaWorld. Controversial to some, but I really enjoy it and haven’t been since 2019. They do a lot of special holiday shows and now that Sesame Place is open there I really want to see it all decked out for the holidays.

2 Likes

I think that I saw on Instagram that this sold out in seconds! I was a little surprised because I thought it was awfully steep as well, but I guess 25 people isn’t that many people.

3 Likes

Oh! I’m sure it’ll be great seeing everything all festive. I’m looking forward to touring the monorail resorts for the same reason!

2 Likes

It’s my favorite time of the year by far.

2 Likes

Wow, I am surprised too.

I was just wondering today if Michael and I were the only 2 people who signed up for info on these Dish events. My Storybook Destinations update about the ticketed events was addressed to me and some guy I don’t know named Michael. :rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Haha that’s too funny!

I attended the gingerbread house contest last year and it was a lot of fun! But it just happened to coincide with my trip. I’m not sure I would go out of my way for it. $100 for the podcast breakfast seems nuts! Even Chef Mickey’s is “only” $50.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t know what that gets you. Unlimited mimosas? With OJ hand-squeezed by Len?

1 Like

What was this like? As in, what did you actually do? Was there a charge for it?

Unlimited mimosas are already on the SH71 menu and they are only like $20. That’s a lot of eggs and bacon.

4 Likes

It’s on your list as the “Gingerbread-building” and last year there was not a charge, so hopefully it remains free. Basically Chrissy and a bunch of the travel agents took over all the tables in the Storybook Circus area and provided kits and candy and things to decorate gingerbread houses! It was fun. It was a “contest” with lots of prizes. I met Len! Definitely do it if you are in the MK that day!

8 Likes

Ooh, that does look like fun! Thanks for the pics! Is that Chrissy in the elf costume and baseball cap? and is that you in the polka dot dress with Len?

3 Likes

This is in Fantasyland?

How long did the event go?

1 Like

I wanted to come last year but it didn’t work with other things we had going on. Hoping to go this year! I just saw this on TP IG

5 Likes

Thanks! Instagram is often the place to get info these days. I’ve never been able to get into the habit.