Disney Dining Plan: Worth it?

We eat a lot. I’m going to see now!

2 Likes

I have always found that the deluxe plan can save you a lot of money if you always eat an appetizer and a dessert ( I do).

4 Likes

I put down no dessert, and still came out with a savings on the deluxe plan, not as much. I’m only going to have one dessert a day, and DH and DD didn’t have dessert last year very often, so I don’t suppose they will this year, either. One time I had them order dessert (no sugar added creme brulee), so that I could take it with me to eat later. I may have alcohol once a day, too, as my health coach said that alcohol won’t spike my bg as much as I think it will. I’ll have to test that out, though.

1 Like

Jiko used to have the most amazing no sugar added dessert. The good thing about signature meals is that there can be a dessert cheese plate.

2 Likes

Wow! That sounds marvelous! We are eating at Jiko’s this trip. I’m also allergic to tree nuts and peanuts, so that makes it harder.

2 Likes

Ok, it says we would spend $1917 but the dining plan would cost $2113. I don’t think it included alcohol, I’d expect to have maybe 10 drinks at meals across the 2 weeks, so that would probably bring us very close. Interesting!!

2 Likes

That’s how I am looking at it too.

1 Like

As we ‘speak’ I am watching a vlog on Jiko by WDW couple. They are a very sweet and charming couple but the lady always orders steak, everywhere. I am totally fascinated by the way they hold their cutlery.

3 Likes

May I be rude and interupt with a question? The deluxe plan includes an alchohlic drink at each table service meal. If, for example, one ordered a gin and tonic, at say $15, a glass of wine, $20 and a whisky at $ 30, how would they decide which drink to include in the plan and which should be paid for OOP? Who decides that?
Also, sorry second question, if rather than order 3 glasses of wine ( not just for me, I will have guests ) one orders a bottle, will the alcohol dining credits be put towards the bottle?

I believe there’s a price limit and they’ll let you know which drinks you can order on the plan.

1 Like

So do you tell the waiting person that you are on a ddp before you order?

They ask when they seat you.

1 Like

Do you think that it ever makes a difference to how you are treated?

I noticed they used to whip the cocktail menu away but I suppose they won’t do that anymore :joy: There was the incident I referred to on the other thread where a server told me to make sure I left her a tip, but otherwise we didn’t notice anything unusual about the service.

1 Like

Hmm…Maybe they would have said that if you were paying oop but maybe not.:confused:

1 Like

I hope that you objected loudly!

1 Like

Obviously!!

1 Like

It was just one person though, everyone else was lovely.

1 Like

We were in WDW in June and I asked at every restaurant what was included with the DDP. IT varied from restaurant to restaurant. At Biergarten everything but the flights, and bottles of wine only glasses. AT Boma I was told any drink I wanted. What I did like was at the buffet I could have a beer and the still have a soda with my meals. Keep in mind that the drink is separate from the meal EX: boma was $60 each and the my drink was $12 so $72 plus tax so about $77 and the wait staff expects tip on $77 not the $64 the meal costs without the drink. So even though it is included with your meal you still get billed for it on your receipt. When I was home doing my pre calculations I figured tips on the $64 not the $77 so that through my tip money off a bit. This was not a big deal because I was given two $50 gift cards for not having maid service, which I was not expecting.

3 Likes

Good to know, I was just working on my budget a bit, so now I know I need to go back and re-calculate the tip amount accordingly.

1 Like