Disney Covid Christmas- Trip Report LITE

Twas the night before Disney, when all through the house belongings were folded, incl. masks and Mikey blouse.
Everything’s tucked in the carry ons with care, in hopes of Epcot as soon as we’re there.
Plans are all made, packing list reread, while visions of cavalcades danced in my head.
We just finished packing, DH ready for a nap; I just settled down for a TP recap.
When from the back bedroom arose such a clatter, I bout fell out my chair to see what was the matter!
Down the hallway I flew in a flash; Im not so quick but I made a mad dash.
Suitcase on the bed with the contents eskew, DH is all wild-eyed, this is nothing new.
What do my incredulous eyes see? DH in a panic, whatever could it be?
He’s now elbows deep in our neatly packed clothes, repeating “Disney”, as my temperature rose.
More rapid than coasters, the animals they came, to comfort DH because he was inflamed.
“Move Bella, Move Freya, Move Mama Fats too.You must move out the way now, Shoo, Shoo, Shoo!”
They’re under his hands, expected big pets. “Move away, move away”, you could hear all my fret.
As I look down into 6 cute animal eyes, they began to move, but contemplated why.
So down the hall to the treat box I go; a quick look behind me I see 3 fur balls in tow.
At the box Im now tussling, I hear distant meows, followed by a bark, meaning “Now, now, now!”
As I undo the treat bags from their gold little pot, down the hall came 3 babies skidding to a stop.
All dressed in fur from their ears to their feet, 3 staring faces, complete with 1 blep!
Treats are dispensed and I head to the back, in time to find DH trying to repack.
His eyes were all calm now, the sorrow is clear, cheeks were bright red, his embarrassment rears.
The relief on his face now apparent, it shows, but the hair on his chin is way overgrown.
The razor he needs so tight in his grip, “Please shave that face!”, I said kinda quick.
A smile I did get and to the bathroom he went, I had to be blunt because, well, he can’t take a hint.
I’m now calm, but still, is there something else? “No, no, it will be fine”, I say to myself.
I bring the bags to the door, losing some dread; but now I’m excited, how will I get to bed?
I rechecked my list, leaving not one step out. Ive prepped for this trip, was their ever any doubt?
I pulled up my email to check Southwest; flight hasn’t changed, so I hope for the best.
DH is done shaving and ready for sleep; I hope I planned well because Disney ain’t cheap.
Covid Christmas it is, it will be all right. Disney bound in the morning, and to all a good night!

33 Likes

haha well done!

2 Likes

Brava! Have all the fun!

3 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

You’re really taking the trip report intro to a new level. :trophy: I have my work cut out for me when I start mine. Have a great trip!

5 Likes

Haha! Trip report LITE! But I did have fun writing it.

3 Likes

I see that we are in for a treat! And you have raised the bar for trip reports! :grimacing:

Safe and warm travels! Thoroughly enjoy yourself!

2 Likes

That, or overestimate what I can do and go down in glorious Disney flames! No promises :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

:star2::star2::star2:

1 Like

Love it! Have a great time!

1 Like

Rooting for you to keep the sugar levels high!:wink:

1 Like

Awweee, yall are so sweet! I though ppl would think its corny (and well it is but so am I).

4 Likes

Ok yall, pressure is on. Weeks ago I asked DH what were his must dos. IDK is what I got. And just now, he got an email about the procedures for RotR (WTH is he doing getting emails), showed it to me, and said THIS, this is my must do :woman_facepalming:. I told him there are 2 Star Wars rides. He wants both! Great :joy:

11 Likes

LOL! One is much easier to get on than the other. Make sure he’s aware that it’s a lottery.

3 Likes

Yay! I’m excited for your trip report, lite or not!

1 Like

DH was late this morning, glad I told him we had to leave earlier than we actually had to. To the airport we go!

8 Likes

Welp, all that rushing, here at the gate with an hour to spare :joy:

10 Likes

Mask compliance is about 60%. Soooo glad we have our N-95s!

12 Likes

Touchdown!!! (Not talking to you Denver). Now a stop for lunch, then off to the World!

8 Likes

Then theres this guy

l

8 Likes