Disney Christmas Anniversary, Redux - Trip Report - 12/2 - 12/11

A few examples of the poor state of this hotel room.

We are leaving to go get breakfast. The free breakfast they offer is pathetic.

Back on the road shortly.

9 Likes

Don"t you hate that?

6 Likes

It depends on your kids and your resources. My husband and I have never been able to go away together because we’ve never had anybody who could help with our children. And even though I now have multiple young adults, who could help with my youngest two, there is one in the middle who almost every single day needs constructive parenting. :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

3 Likes

Hey now. Delete those nasty non-Disney hotel room photos immediately from this TR. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Chick-fil-A is back on the menu, boys. We are having lunch in Lake City. Florida!

20 Likes

Have all the fun.

2 Likes

You’ve breached the border

Will you arrive at WDW later today?

2 Likes

Today is Vero Beach (not Disney) with friends, tomorrow we check into SSR.

We just arrived at our hotel. Way way better than that Baymont…

Temperature, while about 80, isn’t too bad since there is a decent breeze between a few miles away from the ocean I guess.

We are heading to Outback to meet our friends at 4:00.

So happy to be here, and excited that we are 24 hours away from Disney.

18 Likes

So VB but not DVC?

3 Likes

Right. Originally, we wanted to stay at the DVC, but our friends were contemplating moving before now, and we didn’t want to have the DVC booked, only for them to have been gone. We had to borrow points, see. By the time it was definite, there weren’t rooms available, so we had to book a Comfort Suites instead.

2 Likes

Makes sense

1 Like

By the way, for anyone who cares…tolls on the FL turnpike are now ONLY pay by plate or Sunpass. There is no longer even an option to pay with cash or card. (There was a thread about this recently.)

What is nice, though, is Google maps will show you the cost of tolls on your route, which is nice.

6 Likes

This is good to know. I don’t intend to drive in Florida for a while but worrying about tolls is one reason I have tried to avoid having a rental car.

4 Likes

Last night, I forgot to take photographic evidence of Outback…so it must not have happened! But in my “flawed” memory, we had a great time and great food (filet mignon!).

After we were done eating, we went over to our friends’ condo and hung out. They served us some delicious chocolate peanut ice cream with cookies, and we just talked and talked.

This morning, we are heading back to visit as they show us around the area.

Here is evidence that I are breakfast at the hotel, in case someone claims it didn’t happen without pictures!

:laughing:

14 Likes

Just goes to show, you can find magic anywhere, with the smallest of things.

4 Likes

What I want to see is a photo of the beach!

8 Likes

Just FYI, we recently used the Visitor Toll Pass, a free toll tag system (no cost for the service, but still pay the tolls of course) offered to rental car customers. It’s a fairly new program offered by the the Central Florida Expressway Authority. You have to download the app and pay a $10 refundable deposit (which is applied to toll transactions) and keep a card on file. You pick up the toll tag at a kiosk in MCO and drop off in box at MCO on way out. If don’t turn in tag, they keep your $10. Otherwise, if you return your pass and owe less than $10 at the conclusion of your trip, the balance will be refunded. Very easy and convenient.

15 Likes

That’s the way to do it! I had heard about a couple of pilot programs over the past few years. Good to know this one is working.

I remember one of the first times I was driving in Florida I got to the toll booth where they have these big receptacles for change, and I had no idea what to do. I think I threw a dollar bill in there and it kind of sat in the dish. Then I realized I was supposed to pay with quarters, so I took my dollar back and threw some quarters in. I’m sure someone behind me was like “wtf is that guy doing?!” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

Your wish is my command…

17 Likes