Disney Christmas Anniversary, Redux - Trip Report - 12/2 - 12/11

I’m starting this trip report a little early…so consider this the pre-trip report!

When?

We leave December 2, driving from Michigan to Cordele, GA on day one, then arriving in Vero Beach on December 3. We finish up our last day at Disney on December 11, and drive home December 12 & 13.

Who?

Just my DW and myself! To paraphrase Amy Grant’s Christmas song, “This is my grown-up Christmas trip!”

Why?

Because…we love Disney! But Moreso than that, in December 2020, my wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Disney. (Okay…our anniversary is actually in August…but who wants to be in Disney in August heat???) We had such a great time. Having rented DVC points for the first time, we were hooked and ended up buying DVC points at SSR resale.

So, now, we’re doing the trip again…this time on our points! Also, last time, we had to wear masks, and not everything was running…so this time, we’ll get to do things we couldn’t do in 2020.

The Plan

Note…this “plan” does not constitute any contractual obligation on our part to adhere to it. This trip is supposed to be a relaxing one (but…who am I kidding?) where we have hints of plans, but really it is just about being together.

Dec. 2 - Drive from Michigan to Cordele, GA
Dec. 3 - Drive from Cordele to Vero Beach. We have friends in Vero Beach, so we’ll be visiting with them. Dinner at Outback.
Dec. 4 - More visiting with our friends. Then, late afternoon, drive to SSR to check in, unpack, and take the boat over to POR to get some beignets!
Dec. 5 - Morning to afternoon, Disney Springs. Lunch at probably Chicken Guy. 4:45 ADR at SAI in Epcot, then do Extra Evening Hours and ride GOTG.
Dec. 6 - Universal Studios to see it at Christmas! (Since we already have Season Passes for our upcoming May trip, the only cost to us on this is the parking garage.)
Dec. 7 - MK day. ADR at Kona Cafe, 9:50 am for breakfast. Casey’s for lunch (maybe). Pack up for next day’s switch to BWV. ADR at Steakhouse 71 at 5:30 pm, and then MK Extended Evening Hours!
Dec. 8 - Check out of SSR, then head into EP. ADR at Space 220 Lounge, 11:30 am. Check into BWV in the afternoon. Then head into AK to see it at night, with a 6:45 pm ADR at Y&Y.
Dec. 9 - Epcot in the morning and afternoon (eating from the holiday food booths). Dinner at Boardwalk Deli (maybe), then into HS to see it at night.
Dec. 10 - HS morning/afternoon…with lunch probably at Backlot. Dinner ADR at Raglan Rd., 6:30 pm…then just Disney Springs Christmas Tree stroll.
Dec. 11 - Epcot in the morning and early afternoon again. Packing things up and probably taking a nap! Skipper Canteen ADR at 4:30 pm, and then MVMCP to close out the trip.
Dec. 12 & 13 - Drive home!

We have 7 day park tickets for Disney…but we’re ending up only using 6 of them because of our decision to hop over to UOR on Tuesday instead of going to HS, which was our original plan.

Them’s the deets. Actual trip commencing in T minus 3 days!

24 Likes

Have all the fun!

2 Likes

I am looking forward to following your trip and hopefully seeing you at the party.

5 Likes

Sounds like a great plan. Looking forward to the report.

1 Like

Same. Probably need to actually coordinate a time/place, since my luck on happenstance meetups hasn’t been terribly successful in the past!

3 Likes

Excited to follow along!

1 Like

Yay! Not long now.

2 Likes

So exciting, I am looking forward to following along!

2 Likes

Looking forward to following along with your adventures!! Happy anniversary!

1 Like

Looks like a great plan. We will be at MK on the 7th (hoping to make it to extended evening hours lol) and EP on the 8th as well. We are doing MVMCP on the 9th, though.

1 Like

:raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

Yay! Our trips overlap by two nights. Our plans don’t put us in the same spaces on paper, but best believe I will still be looking for you. So, let your wife know if a strange woman giggling like a teenage girl approaches you, she means no harm. :grin:
Happy Anniversary and I hope the two of you have the best days ever.

10 Likes

Exciting! Let’s hope for cooler and more Christmassy weather, although I’m sure it will be magical regardless

3 Likes

I’m excited to follow along! This is a trip I would love to do when my kids are a little older and don’t need constant supervision. Wait, does that ever happen? :rofl:

8 Likes

It does! (Which is different from worrying about them…that doesn’t appear to ever stop!)

5 Likes

Where will you be those overlapping days?

1 Like

Arriving on the 10th. Disney Springs in the AM with mini golf (possibly) in afternoon. Cali Grill for dinner.
HS on the 11th w/ early Fantasmic that night.

3 Likes

Have a great trip!

1 Like

Like!

1 Like

Up until about a week ago or so, we actually had HS on the 11th, but we swapped it to the 10th. Since we are doing MVMCP on the 11th, we didn’t want to have to cut short our HS day as much, plus by moving EP to the 11th instead of the 10th, we avoid Saturday crowds there.

Still…depending on what time your CG ADR is, it might be possible to fit in a quick meetup. I will PM you.

3 Likes