Disney Bucket list - Resorts and more

Wilderness lodge is one of the few resorts (so far) I am hoping to go back and stay again. Such a great resort for the theming, the boat to MK, the view at Geyser point. I feel it’s underrated.

Hm… Christmas there sounds magical!

1 Like

Yeah don’t do New Years Eve. That’s a never again for me. We went to MK on NYE and it was miserable. You could not move and my ankles were beat down by wheelchairs and strollers multiple times. Packed like sardines. Never ever ever again. That’s the only time I’ve done WDW for Christmas season myself. I’ve done Universal in early December and it wasn’t crowded and I’ve done DLR the week of Thanksgiving and it even wasn’t close to as bad as MK on NYE.

1 Like

Yep, that’s pretty much the only memory I have of that visit. Truly awful.

1 Like

I also liked that it’s a relatively small resort and the DVC rooms are close to the lobby, pool and restaurants.

1 Like

To prove to you I wasn’t lying:

4 Likes

I should say that a stay in one of these cabins is top of bucket list for me

2 Likes

Love how organized you are. I noticed that you have many other sheets (Disneyland, Tokyo, etc)

1 Like

Yup…and highlighted means it’s currently booked/planned.

I’m a dork.

2 Likes

me too but it’s another one I’d want to do in winter to enjoy the hot tub. I don’t know how much I could enjoy that in say August!

2 Likes

I will be crossing the Polynesian off my bucket list next week. My dream would be to stay in a bungalow but I don’t see that ever happening due to cost.

2 Likes

Yeah, most of these would be a one-night thing at the end of another stay…probably combined with a value/moderate to even out the cost and I’d just stay in the room during that and have a rest day! AND I’d rent the points…it’s usually considerable savings so it’d depend on when I could do that and then base the rest of my trip on that.

For example, I currently have a 2 bedroom ocean view suite booked at Aulani for Aug 2023 for Total Price for this Stay : $4,834.08 (sharing with my parents) but through David’s:

I can save about $1K. I am going to try to do this when I get to the 11 month mark and then I’ll cancel the more expensive direct booking if I’m successful. But that’s a pretty good chunk of change for renting over direct.

Ditto

I would prefer the cabins at WL over the bungalows at Poly b/c of the privacy, shade etc.

2 Likes

Anybody’s bucket list includes that outrageously expensive Star Wars galactic cruiser? Not mine

1 Like

I think it would be fun if our whole family could (afford) do it as a unit.

1 Like

I was thinking about adding Aulani to my list, but based on some reviews it is not very “Disney”. Wondering what your thoughts are.

It’s very Disney. and an amazing resort Aulani Trip Report 9/5/21 (10 days) - Disney Vacation Club - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m back to being excited about going to Hawaii. DD9 is obsessed with Lilo & Stitch and I think it would be fun for her.

1 Like

There are a lot of fun things for kids to do there too. It’s our home resort and we are going back again this fall w/ oldest DD, SiL and DGS-12. More should be open now and I intend to take some Ukulele lessons this time!!!

2 Likes

I’ll do a trip report next July/Aug (by next I mean 2023) on the whole first time Adventures By Disney (Japan), Tokyo Disney from the Mira Costa resort inside DisneySea and then Aulani experience. Going with both sets of parents (well my parents and hubby’s mom) plus DD and possibly my BFF and her daughter/hubby might join for parts of it. So I can give the teens through seniors experience for those things. It’s a lot of first time and bucket list items for me. I’ve been to Hawaii when I was 18 and I seriously credit it with my desire to make something of myself. I was going thru a rough patch and Hawaii healed me and taught me that this is the kind of thing I’d like to be able to afford to do so I got myself back into college (I had dropped all my classes the previous semester and not enrolled in spring session when we went) and made something of myself. So whether or not Aulani is Disney won’t matter to me…it’s the birth of my adulthood and I loved it at 18 so I’ll just be happy to be back for the first time in 25 years! Since we’re gonna spend two nights on the way home in Honolulu at my mom’s request I thought why not Aulani??? (The reason my mom requested it was because she grew up in Japan from 3-10 years old as her dad played baseball there. She flew b/w the states and Japan several times and back in those days you had to stop in Hawaii or Alaska I believe…I don’t think planes made it quite as far as they do today so she has childhood memories of doing that and wanted to relive it).

4 Likes