Disney annoyances TP could solve

I scrolled through the replies, I don’t think I’ve seen this, but it just popped in to my head. What about a weather app integration? Something that notifies you rain is about to start and based on your location the best place to head to avoid getting rained on/crowds. Could include store options, restaurant options, show and ride options. Maybe even have the options be based on the predicted length of the storm/rain and what would be most compatible with that length of time i.e. rain will be approx 20 minutes, go grab a quick service at this sit down or watch this show etc.

4 Likes

Now, I will say, I haven’t had the pleasure yet of using the app in the park. So I don’t know if this is already a possibility.

1 Like

My family aren’t huge parade and fireworks show watchers. We’ll catch parts if we can, but don’t camp out. I know a lot of people in forum and chat make plans to watch.

I think TP could do a viewing location recommendation similar to room finder. Get users to send in views from different spots.
If integrating a locator feature in app, the app could send a reminder “Parade starting in X minutes. Head to Y to view.” or “Parade starting in X minutes. Your view here is A or head to B for the closet viewing spot.”

7 Likes

I would love to see a rain alarm of some sort. Like a pop up flash that says it’s raining at a park or rain detected in a 10 mile radius. I have a rain alarm that goes off with a thunder sound when rain is close. I alternated between the TP app and the rain alarm app all week.

2 Likes

Yes!!! One plan for hopping parks!!!

3 Likes

I think park hopper touring plans would be golden. Especially including travel time, which requires presenting travel options, or at least a do-you-have-a-car checkbox.

With that done, it would be great to build resort activities into the touring plans. So if I’m going from Magic Kingdom over to the Poly for a meal, TP could advise on transportation and build travel time into my plan. Might as well throw in Disney Springs while you’re at it.

5 Likes

I’d also love to see the ability to lock an attraction into a certain time, or group attractions together. When my big kids go on a ride that the littles have to miss, I try to make sure the next ride includes the littles. I’d rather not do a wet ride immediately before sitting down somewhere air-conditioned. It’s smart to pick something gentle right after a meal. Some rides are more fun after dark, etc. This started out as one additional feature and suddenly became several.

5 Likes

Same-day FPP predictions and recommendations like at DLR.

1 Like

I’d like to see resort travel times, activities, and eateries incorporated.

Example 1: give me a a rough time I’d need to be at the bus stop of Wilderness Lodge in order to get to MK for rope drop.
Example 2: estimate travel time from AK to AKL for the AKL food tour.

It would also be nice to be able to select approximate travel times for different modes of transport, like in example 1, allow a drop down selection of taking the bus or taking the boat from WL.

6 Likes

Oh how about some type of integrated alarm when same day FP are might be dropping. We scored so many to big rides that way! I got one for 7 people for FOP at 11:01am!

3 Likes

I know there are chats and blogs about quiet spots to rest.
Would be nice to access info about quiet and shady spots on the app.

Good one!

I know a lot of us complain about the wait at RD being inflated because it takes 13 minutes to get to the ride according to TP. A feature should ask what time you plan on arriving and base your first attraction wait on that.

There are a lot of character meets that aren’t listed in TP. In Epcot, particularly. I’ve stuck placeholders in for a lot of them, but it would be nice if more of them were just included (and therefore marked on the map). My kids have a long list of characters they want to meet, and I can’t possibly remember where they all are.

Don’t forget the Disney Visa cardholder locations!

3 Likes

Not necessarily in the touring plans, but in the ride descriptions on the site, it would be nice to have more information about the seating on each ride, in terms of how many seats per vehicle. In a family where the kids outnumber the adults, I keep trying to figure out which rides will work for us and which adult(s) can take which kids. I haven’t found a source anywhere that lays out this information. There are a couple rides that just won’t work for our whole group, and it’s preferable to know that in advance. This topic comes up a lot among single parents traveling with 2 or 3 kids, not just people with large families.

5 Likes

I think being able to create “branches” in your plans would be good - i.e., while group A experiences ride A, group B can do this other thing at the same time. We are a family of six with three tweens and one 5yo, so we end up doing this almost every day of our trip, and I built the plans by manually balancing.

I’d also love the multi-park plans as already mentioned.

8 Likes

I agree. TP does have some old posts which are helpful but putting it in the plan would be better.

Thanks, I don’t think I’ve seen those pages, in spite of searching. I still wish this info was included in each ride description.

Working on my plans, I’m noticing that TP is either oblivious to restaurant hours, or is getting them from a different source than the Disney web site. Not a big deal with ADRs, obviously, but I have a few snack stops that could go either way.

Isn’t that why we bring a safety pin?

1 Like