Disney annoyances TP could solve

I love the idea of being able to pin a certain attraction to a certain time. Or keep a limited number of attractions in a certain spot and optimize around it. Example: we want Splash or Kali in the afternoon not at 9:25 am.

I’d also like to be able to be able to undo my creative changes when Optimize clearly was a better plan.

And then I’d like it if each TP could tell me which attractions are most likely to have same day FP availability and recommend which to try for first. Granted, this may be a Liner Advanced Level product but I think we could support it.

All that said, I love love love TP the product and the Liner community. I just don’t see Disney really being able to replicate the unbiased data we get here. I’d always be suspicious that I was being manipulated by the Disney system to help them spread out crowds or fill theater seats. Len and the team really just want us to stand in line less. Plain and simple.

9 Likes

So many great ideas. I’d really like a FP finder. The res finder works great! Something to help with resort rooms would be great too. We only had 4-6 people this trip, but our next one is going to be 10-12 so it might be harder to find rooms.

I think this mentioned earlier, but the ability to optimize after a certain point. Say I wanted to 3-4 rides first thing in the morning because I have FP’s but the rest of the day is free to do any order that makes sense. BTW I LOVE that restore prior feature ( not sure if that is what it is called)

2 Likes

Yes, but I just assumed TP was already taking advantage of TP parkgoers GPS positions …

Bummer that they are not… :frowning:

It would be even easier coding to use GPS for WDW transpo system updates than WDW InQueue updates…

This is perfect chance to get WAY AHEAD of Disney again, by following TP user GPS locations as they use the WDW transpo system.

For instance, while on transpo system, TP users GPS data should be pretty good quality and you can quickly see that they are moving around using the WDW transpo system, simply speed and location updates would tell you…

Then, once you determine that they are on transpo system, simply look backwards to where they got onto the transpo system and then you can see how long they waited at the transpo entry spot…

This would let you update a current wait time map for all transpo entry locations and travel times between stops…

Yes I agree and was thinking the same thing as I’m building my Touring Plans. We have park hopper with Disney Dining, so at times we are spending the day in one park and hopping to another park in the evening for dinner. It would be nice to know how long it will take using Disney transportation to get to our reservations etc…so we know when we would need to leave.

kind of like that episode of The Office where Michael and Dwight are using the GPS and turn into a lake. “It said Turn Right”!!

1 Like

Finally just reading this thread. Some great ideas!

I’m thinking it would be nice, if you’ve got a 4th FP in your plan, to get some feedback about how likely it’ll be for you to grab it, based on when your 3rd FP was used.

For example, if I’m going to use a 9am, 10am, 11am FP, and then want to get PoC for 7pm, it’s likely I’ll be able to do that, so color it green, or something. If I have a 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and then want 7DMT at 7pm, there’s very little chance that’s gonna happen, so color it red.

1 Like

Oh! Can we have some way to have to planning tool know that when we intend to RD, it means we’ll be there early enough to be at the front of the crowd?