Disney annoyances TP could solve

Im already thinking of a play list now!

Made me think of this video of a guy trying to ride in the bike lane:

6 Likes

Not Disney annoyances as much as just a couple of feature requests, but would love to see a way to lock a subset of an order of attractions, but optimize the rest. Like if I want to do Space and Buzz first, or after lunch, but the rest of the day is totally flexible.

Would also like to have a way to factor in 4th+ FPP. Perhaps something like if the TP could show the frequency of a SDFP being available for the time that it is scheduled in my TP. I generally abandon the TP in MK after lunch to just do 4th+ FPP, but I wonder if there would ba a good way to incorporate them into a plan better. Not sure the perfect implementation, since so much of it is based on availability, obviously.

Maybe security line predictions or transportation estimates based on CL? I’m always curious how long it would take to use the monorail at park close at MK for example, versus the ferry.

And I second the ability to have multiple parks in a plan with estimates of travel time between!

9 Likes

I didn’t know it was free. Thinking integrating something akin to FP4me would be great and also booking your FPP and ADRs for you.

They need more character times integrated into TP like KtP.

Would love a rain plan - note which attractions are outside and a feature to activate if it’s raining and need to change on the fly.

5 Likes

Transportation estimates would be helpful. Standing in TTC, wondering if the ferry, monorail or bus is the best option? Wouldn’t it be helpful to know if a monorail was stuck in CR, or if the ferry at the dock is due to leave in 2 minutes or 10 minutes?

4 Likes

There is the reservation finder here which is gold.

I’d pay yearly just for a resort finder. Currently I have a split stay for my feb 2020 trip. If a tool could alert me when the day I need at another resort became available… that would easily give me the value of the TP sub.

2 Likes

OK, I did some more thinking about this, and I think I have a good one here. Probably the most common question here is “what parks on what days?”. I see two components to this:

1. Determining how many days to allocate to each park, based on stay duration and party composition/interests. (The “Day Determiner”)
  2. Determining the daily park schedule, based on number of days per park, general TPs, and predicted CLs (Monday = MK, Tuesday = EP, etc.). This could be further enhanced by adding in a PH option. (The “Park Scheduler”)

I think that the Park Scheduler may be the easiest to tackle first. Initially I would look at having the days determined based on how well the generic book TPs work for each day. The next stage would probably be having the user create (or choose) un-optimized TPs for each park day, and then the engine would determine the overall optimal schedule with optimized TPs for each day. Essentially this could be viewed as a “batching” of the optimization process to consider multiple plans and days. The user could then modify the plans as they see fit, and either re-run the “overall optimizer” or just re-optimize/evaluate the individual plans.

The Day Determiner would be very interesting to implement - perhaps the starting point would be a questionnaire about party size/composition, individual interests, must-dos/won’t-dos, repeat attractions, etc. This would then determine a list of things to do, which would then drive the final determination of “2 days for MK, 1.5 days for EP, etc.” The user could then modify the lists and re-run the determination. This could then be used as the starting point for input for the second component.

Lots of moving parts here, and lots of things to consider. This would be a very interesting project - throw some Design Thinking at it and go with an Agile development methodology and you could probably get an MVP out there that you then build upon. With the TP community you would certainly have an involved, imaginative, and vocal user base to provide testing and feedback. @len - do you need a PM for this? :smiley:

10 Likes

I like this idea! And, of all the ideas, I think this one is very doable with the information they already have.

1 Like

I like these ideas as well! And as a fellow PM it sounds like a fun project to run with!

1 Like

I’ve got it. Thanks!

We’ve been working on … something. I’ll have more to share later.

7 Likes

If TP can help me track resort rooms becoming available, I shall never leave :smiley:

3 Likes

Oooh - Sounds mysterious. :smiley:

2 Likes

yes please!!

2 Likes

I would really love a “Day Determiner” as @brklinck mentioned. Can’t wait to see what TP comes up with.

I’m not very optimistic about the Genie. Disney has too many conflicts of interest to really get a truly optimized plan out of them. They offer FPP for Mickey’s Philharmagic, after all. Imagine the app telling you, as you head to The Haunted Mansion, to stop at the Hall of Presidents instead! And how many guests would blindly follow?

2 Likes

OMG YES! My biggest peeve at any place that’s crowded! Sometimes I get so pissed I push my way right through the group blocking the walkway…Used to love doing that with a stroller. My tween and teen kids hated when I did that!

3 Likes

"Oh, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to walk right through the rest area… whoops, never mind, this is where people are supposed to walk! "

1 Like

Maybe if they had discrete Nerf guns and the ok only when given the signal…

Yes! This slowed us down so much.

How about a button on the app that turns your volume right up and blares a horn, maybe one that plays a Disney song, but something that would get people’s attention and get them to move?

1 Like

They have the move, coming through pardon me from lion king and bugs life. Sadly, this isnt normally an AK problem, lol.