Disney and Universal TOGETHER: Anyone do this?

I am trying to please both the Star Wars and Harry Potter fans in my family and want to do 2 days at Disney and 2 days at Universal, with maybe a day in between to rest. Has anyone else done this? I haven’t been able to find too much on combining the 2 theme parks in 1 trip. Would stay at Yacht Club in Disney and Loew’s Royal Pacific in Universal.

3 Likes

Lots of people do this, but you will be pressed for time on the Disney side.
Two days is good for Uni if you don’t want to do the water park. Royal Pacific is a good hotel choice bc you’ll get the express pass.
If your plan is to do HS and Epcot, then Yacht Club is a great choice.

4 Likes

My family does it.

They all go over there without me (we use lyft/uber or rental car for their transportation needs). I stay firmly planted inside my bubble and you’ll usually find me at AK on those days :smiley:

They find 1 day is sufficient for what they want to do there but they do get the two-park ticket so they can do the whole HP thing

3 Likes

Welcome to Touring Plans! :slight_smile:

We did a trip to Universal and Disney last August. But we did 3 days at UOR and 6 days at Disney.

If you really only have 4 days, I would tend to lean toward picking one or the other, but not both. It is a LOT of extra money to feel very rushed.

If you are determined to do it, I’d consider focusing your Disney side. Perhaps just ONE park (HS) for Star Wars, and then 3 days at UOR…or two parks at Disney, and then 2 days at UOR.

3 Likes

If they are just HP fans you can do that in one day and use the other 3 for WDW which requires a lot more time. We would lyft over to Universal from our Disney resort on HP day.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that we are planning to go for New Year’s Eve. The plan is to go to Epcot on NYE and then HS on January 1 (Hence Yacht Club). Then head over to Uni.

FYI, Quicksilver does offer a service where for one price they will take you from MCO to a Disney resort, from that Disney resort to a Universal resort, and then at the end of the trip take you from the Universal resort to MCO.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan and good hotel choices. We haven’t been to Uni yet but will be doing a uni/Disney trip for next summer so I have been checking uni chat and forum for info. I know how to plan for Disney but not Universal.

Personally, I would still do the uni hotel to get the express pass. That’s a crazy busy week and the lines without the express pass could be bad.
You’ll need the park to park ticket to be able to ride the Hogwarts Express.

5 Likes

You can just add it and not stay there though too.

That’s what my family does and EP makes all the difference

3 Likes

We have done it on every trip (and often Seaworld and Busch Gardens too) but we stay 2 weeks. I wouldn’t personally do it with less than 6 days. I need at least 1 day at each park.

1 Like

If you’re just doing one day, sure. If they want to stick to two days, Royal Pacific with free express pass is going to be cheaper than YC and then buying it two days.

3 Likes

Ah I missed that detail

Believe it or not based on the amount of postiness I am making all over this board today, I really am trying to do my actual work.

probably not as much as my boss would like but so long as I get it done who really cares, right?

5 Likes

Exactly!!! :heart:

1 Like

Also, what are the ages of the people traveling?
I’ll be honest, this is a hectic pace that would make me very cranky. If you have littles, I can’t even imagine it.

1 Like

We are only visiting Epcot and HS at Disney. I have 18-year old twins. And they are always cranky. Here is the plan:
Dec.30 - Check in at Yacht Club and chill
Dec. 31 - Epcot
Jan. 1 - HS
Jan. 2 - Check out from Yacht Club. Check in at Royal Pacific
Jan. 3 - use early park admission
Jan. 4 - Check out and use early park admission. Fly home late evening.

2 Likes

That sounds like a good plan.
You will like Royal Pacific. I fell in love the pool, or more precisely the water in the pool.

Sounds like a great plan. We did 2 nights at Loew’s Royal Pacific in May and then a lot more nights in Disney. But 2 days in the parks at UOR worked great for us especially with EP.

that sounds like a good plan. We also loved the pool at Royal Pacific. most expensive day ever considering my kid was totally over Universal after about 4 hours. Granted it was at the end of our trip so she may have just been tired but i will never forget it.

@bebe80 had a really good thread combining both “parks” as well. I’ll look for it! Pretty sure I bookmarked stuff in there…

goes into my bag of bookmarks

2 Likes