My wife and I were chatting about our May 2020 trip with our family. She had just watched a DIsney Food Blog video where they talked about Disney After Hours. I already knew about it, but this was the first time she had been introduced to it.
Anyhow, she was wondering if it might be a good idea for us to consider it for one night (presuming it is available) either at HS or AK (depending on availability). If they include SWGE rides in it, I’m heavily considering it for HS over AK (if we do it).
It is expensive, so the thought is that we would drop a day from our tickets (which saves a tiny bit in ticket pricing, but significantly more in food costs). We would spend the day doing other things, eating at the rental house, and then head in to HS for AH.
Here is where my questions come in.
- It is quite a bit cheaper for AP holders. I plan to get an AP, although I won’t actually ACTIVATE it until the day we arrive. How does this impact the ability to book it? Will I pay up front the higher cost, but then I can get a refund back? Or will the fact that I have an unactivated AP still allow me to book it at the lower cost?
- Does the AP discount only apply to me, or can I pay for EVERYONE’s DH entry as an AP holder and apply the discount accordingly?
- How quickly do the AH parties fill up? Basically, do you need to be ready to buy the moment it is announced?
- What do you suppose the chances are they will include SWGE rides?
- For those who have done the AH party, considering we are definitely more ride-focused when it comes to AK and HS, do you feel it would be worth it?