Disaster trip help needed ASAP

Yes, the woman I purchased them from said she could easily switch the renters name, I just have to pay the admin fee.

1 Like

I am soooo sorry about your trip. I went through a very similar situation last year. I spent months planning our 1st trip to WDW, when all of a sudden everything came crashing down. Although everything was fully refundable, I lost out on $375 in GC for staying at CBR and lost out on free dining. Now I cannot get my family to agree to go, so I am in the beginning stages of planning a solo trip. I hope everything gets straightened out that you are able to get your trip in the near future!

1 Like

Seriously, never dawned on my Id have to worry about this in November!

1 Like

I know the outcome of this is not at all what you had hoped, and Iā€™m so sorry you are experiencing this.

However, Iā€™m kind of glad you are going through this. Not because Iā€™m mean or anything, but because it helps to solidify a question that has been going on in my head about my wife and Iā€™s December 2020 trip. We, too, plan to rent DVC points, and I had been wondering if we will want to pay for trip insurance.

Your experience kind of demonstrates how no matter how safe we might think we are, we canā€™t predict everything. (And considering my mother-in-law was just diagnosed with esophageal cancer, it is doubly on our minds.)

While Iā€™m sure it is of no consolation for you, Iā€™m going to use your experience and learn from itā€¦and definitely get the travel insurance to cover the cost of the DVC rental.

I really hope you can find someone for the DVC rental at all. The tickets you can always re-purpose for another trip. But the DVC rental! You probably will need to sell them at a ā€œlossā€, which is better than nothing at all.

Ugh. I feel super bad for you, though.

4 Likes

Yes, buy the trip insurance! :raised_hands::smiley:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you manage to get some money back

Exact same situation for me, they gave me a full refund on MNSSHP after I explained we had cancelled our trip due to a sudden cancer diagnosis. The CMs were very kind.

1 Like

Glamour Girl started posting it yesterday as the DVC reservation too. I have bumped it a few times.

Omg, thank you Tinker and Glamour Girl!, :heart:ļø:heart:ļø:heart:ļø

Iā€™ll try again!

Iā€™m REALLY hoping you find a buyer. But something else, if you donā€™t. Iā€™m wondering if there is a way to find a way to DONATE the DVC rental to someone who otherwise would never be able to afford a Disney vacation. Kind of short notice even for that. While it wonā€™t help your finances, it might just bring a warm smile to your faceā€¦as well as someone elseā€™s.

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve thought about that! Will look into it as well.

1 Like

When glamour posted the DVC on chat, was she posting it for Judy? Are you will to let it go for a reduced point value? Glamour posted it as $18 a point .

Thatā€™s an awesome idea if a buyer doesnā€™t come through. I wonder if a place like Give Kids The World could take something like that on short notice? I know they have people stay on their campus, but maybe they help people on site at Disney too? (If they could, could be a tax write-off too.)

In any case, cervonil, I keep checking back hoping someone takes on your offer! Fingers still crossed!

I assumed she posted it for me. I would take less. @glamourgirl weā€™re you posting this for me? Itā€™s $16 per point. 132 x 16.00 = 2112

Did you rent from Judy?

I did. How did you know that?

Sheā€™s a spy!

1 Like

I picked up my AKL reservation after glamour posted it on chat. I guess I am assuming that Judy reached out to glamour to help find someone to take it over. My AKL reservation was 16 a point but recently I booked at 17. Glamour posted 11/11-15 1 bedroom at $18 a point. It has to be your booking?

It does look like my reservation. But I donā€™t think judy would have reached out bc I hadnā€™t even told Her for sure what we are doing yet. Iā€™ll double check.