Disaster trip help needed ASAP

I do not think they will bridge but I thought you could always apply the amount to a new ticket.

2 Likes

I agree. They will always give you the value you paid for them. Youā€™ll pay the new price, but youā€™ll get the credit for those tickets.

1 Like

Disney or UT? Because they both keep sending me back to the other. Iā€™d be ok with a credit at Disney.

:rage:

You will most likely have to wait until you are ready to use those tickets and do it at GS. That will be an issue with FPs but you will not lose your money.

2 Likes

Oh well that would give me a heart attack bc Iā€™m from NC and Iā€™d have to plan the whole trip and then talk to GS the day we get there about my $1700 tix. Lol. I donā€™t think I could stand the anxiety. :joy:

1 Like

I have used UT and their tickets work fine, but when Iā€™ve had to call them with questions about expiration dates or other things in the past, their chat and phone people regularly gave me incorrect info.

To be honest, whenever Iā€™ve contacted them it sounded like the UT chat people were just saying anything to answer me and be done. When I knew their answer to be wrong and followed up a few times I finally got them to look for the correct info.

FWIW, I have heard from UT too that once you link the tix, UT wonā€™t refund. But the tix will still hold their value with Disney, even after whatever expiration date is on them. If you end up trying to use them after expiration, Disney will use that value to apply to whatever new tickets you need.

3 Likes

Just like Disney CMs then?

I actually read the other day somewhere (could have been on here) that the phone CMs are actually contracted out to another company now, which would explain why so many of them simply donā€™t know more than the ā€œofficialā€ wording they have in front of them.

Whatever their actual employment status, itā€™s true that many of them have never been to WDW, so itā€™s perhaps not surprising they get it wrong so often. Maddening, infuriating, but not surprising.

3 Likes

This just seems unacceptable to me on so many levels.

5 Likes

I am so sorry about your trip. Having seen how much it cost on your other thread that will be lost, I would try to salvage the trip. I know there have been a lot of things happening at home to try and derail the trip, but can some of you at least go? I guess your Mom with 2 jobs might not be able to, but the others? Again, really sorry.

I am also so sorry to hear about your trip and everything that is going on with your mom. I was thinking along the same lines as @Wahoohokie in that maybe some of the trip can be salvaged? Especially if you donā€™t get a buyer to take over your DVC points. Any way some of you family can go and then others join later? There maybe airfare fees to change if you were flying or airfares you would need to buy if you had been planning to drive.

1 Like

Plans were to drive from NC. So itā€™s a 11 hour drive. Our trip was planned 11-17 and the musical is on the 13th and the baseball tryouts are 13-15. Smack dab in the middle. At this point Iā€™m the only one who can go, lol.

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. I remember when you started planning. I hope you can find somebody to transfer the DVC and tickets to. Unemployment is difficult, we have been there. He will find another job though, one day at a time. Prayers for your mom. I hope you can reschedule your trip soon.

Wait a secondā€¦ what sadist puts BASEBALL tryouts in November?? Even the pros are off by then.

5 Likes

My only advice is to keep calling Disney until you get a knowledgeable CM. Iā€™ve sometimes made 3 calls within a half hour to get a CM who knows how things work & is willing to go the extra mile to help. Time-consuming, but worth it. Prayers & good wishes for your family!

Oh bummer! I am sorry. I hope you find a taker on buying at least the room. If you arenā€™t able to find anyone, could you consider a trip with your mom if she is well enough to travel? It could be a ā€œIā€™m going to beat this cancer!ā€ instead of a ā€œI beat this cancer!ā€ trip. Maybe you can find two friends/family members that could pay into the other two spots. They could upgrade the kids ticket to an adult if needed. Good luck with everything. I hope it all works out.

Just a thought could you purchase APā€™s with the existing but not used tix and not activate it until your next trip. You may also be able to get a day more type ticket from your existing ones for a future trip.

I had breast cancer and was off work after the surgery for about six weeks. I also worked in between rounds of chemo. I went to Disneyland about six months after my surgery.

1 Like

@gabmom- would you like me to post the dvc dates on Chat & see if anyone interested in buying from you? Iā€™m not a DVC renter, but Iā€™m assuming thereā€™s a doable way to take over those days another Liner?

2 Likes

@cervonil- I meant to say, not @gabmom. Sorry. Still waking up over here.

And cervonil, also wanted to say Iā€™m so sorry all this is happening at once. Youā€™ll get through this. Weā€™ve all been there in one way or another. When I look back at an awful health condition I had some yrs ago & the cost & consequences of it, canā€™t believe it all worked out just fine in the end.

Thank you friends! I mentioned it on liner chat, but maybe there is another place? Iā€™ve advertised it everywhere I can think of. Of course Iā€™m willing to do the DVC rental, or the tickets. Every time I have to think about this it makes me sick. You work so hard to afford it, so much planning involvedā€¦ugh

2 Likes