Disappointed

Yes, but our reason is not the resale restriction. We want a Home Resort that we love and Riviera does not resonate with us thematically at all. It’s too “fancy” for us (okay, my sister is fancy, but she wasn’t in attendance). We love the rustic styling of the Lodges (both AKL and WL). Additionally, my mother is afraid of heights and will probably not use the gondola system.

I wish I had brought up the resale restriction as it is definitely one of the top reasons I would not buy Riviera.

1 Like

DVC Resale Market lists $94 for BRV as the average price per point based on June 2019 sales data which seems really low for a resort that is sold for $176 direct.
https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/buying/direct-vs-resale/

I found 150 - 270 point contracts listed at $102 - $104 / point which seems really good. I know any current resale purchases are restricted to the original 14, but this doesn’t really matter to my parents or me (who would be the owners on the contract).

That seems about right. It’s an average. And list price does not equal sale price.

A lot of people have been recommending BRV Seinfeld Disney has been grabbing SSR, AKL, and OKW contracts but do not seem to be interested in BRV right now. Resale you can get a good deal.

1 Like

BRV Seinfeld?!? :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

“No studio for you!”
-The Studio Nazi

Less studios than CC but more availability…those stupid cabins…

But man I would love to stay in those cabins. With the personal hottub and fireplace? Heck yeah.

Too bad they cost pretty much my entire allotment for a year for 1 night :cry:

2 Likes

We just did the DVC presentation a few days ago and I had remembered you posted this. They did a REALLY hard sell for Riviera (which I understand). I told him I really wasn’t sure about Riviera because of the resale. He was very upfront about the resale restrictions but also tried to sell the value of the resort (on the gondola’s, access to two parks, views from the tower…etc).
If we do anything, we would buy direct for the minimum 75 points. I expressed concern that I didn’t think I could really get that much for that few number of points (vs going resale and buying more points). He said the Studio tower room would be perfect for us (me and DH only) and based on the points per night, we could stay up to 5-6 nights.
Since being back home, I’ve been doing a lot more research and it seems that there will be very few of these rooms and they will book extremely fast and even at the 11 month mark, they may be tough to get.
So then I started looking at how many points a delux studio would cost if the tower studios are booked. Now we are looking at a minimum of 100 points. So I feel that wasn’t too genuine to try to sell us on the tower studio without relaying that availability would be extremely difficult.
Really not sure what to do at this point.

I completely agree. You are doing some great research. Personally, those points don’t get me enough.

Be careful!! Those rooms are very few in number!!!

Oh, there you said it.

Yes, not very awesome to sell it on something they know will be extremely hard to get.

You could get 75 points at another location - you may have to wait but you could do it.

Or you could buy resale.