Disappointed

…whhhhy??

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:open_mouth:

That is horrible. What was the response when, I assume, you laughed and told him why?

That may be true. I guess I’m not sure of that.

But I was focusing on a different point: Resale after the end of January is ONLY good at the original 14 - if someone buys a resale contract today they cannot stay at Riviera or any others yet to be built. But my contract is not restricted, having been bought before that date, and I can stay at Riviera.

1 Like

They found the 50 points I wanted in 30 minutes.

1 Like

I guess I wondered what the response was to your concern about Copper Creek and why you did not want to add there.

Right right, I was just adding to the “Disney is being rrrrreally shady and dumb.” Part of things. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well in that case

1 Like

Silence …no response at all.

Just, “I will call you when I find your points. It may take a few months.”

Wow. That’s awful.

Although, in fairness, it’s not the guides who are making the rules. They are just the front line personnel who have to take the heat for stupid corporate decisions.

In my guide’s defense- I was asking for BWV direct points. I know AKL would have been a better choice (that is next) but he did not ask why.

Two thoughts:

1. DVC is doing this (the new restriction) to incentivize resales through DVC as the restriction won’t apply to direct-from-DVC resales, perhaps?

2. On CC availability, When I booked for April 2020 Star Wars Race weekend there was plenty of availability at 11 months – maybe it has eased a bit now that CC has been fully declared? I also didn’t have trouble for Jan 3-7 2020 although it was less than 11 months though that also was helped by wanting a one-bedroom (for April I got a studio). At any rate, I’m hoping this is the case going forward since I went ahead with the third contract as CC instead of AKL!

I do think I would think twice about adding on in future because of the new restriction. I’m not interested in Riviera but I am eyeing Reflections. But if the value of the points is less because it would be harder to sell, then that is an issue. I will never sell (!) but I’m planning to give or leave my contracts to my kids, and if they ever wanted or needed to sell, the lower value is a downside to buying.

2 Likes

I just did a search for June 1-7 2020. Not a real busy time, BWV still has standard view 1bedrooms…

These are the two studios

One bedrooms are available

Out of curiosity, I just searched

A: June 7-14 2020 for both AKL and CC – everything available at both

B: May 17-24 2020 to make it tough (and in case I’m inspired to do a pop-up birthday week :slight_smile: )

and with the latter everything available (except Concierge) at AKL but all but studios at CC

So CC is tougher for studios it would seem. ou had warned me of this, but I
I was ok with it because I’m fine with one bedrooms, and in fact that’s what I almost always do.

So if the priority is a studio, CC remains a challenge, but not impossible if you can book when your window opens.

CC studios can be impossible if you are not walking in December. I look forward to watching the fall.

1 Like

It would deter me from buying if the goal was to be able to count on studio availability, for certain.

1 Like

And they continue to sell it. I have a CCV tour scheduled for 9/2. I asked for Boulder Ridge Villas (which I know they are not selling, but my mother really, really wants to see the 1 bedroom units there).

DVC guide: I assume you mean Copper Creek Villas?
Me: Nope, Boulder Ridge, we prefer those units.
guide: We don’t do BRV tours. It’s a sold out resort.

You can still buy into it!

1 Like

I think you can even buy BRV direct, right? Certainly via resale.

We did the DVC preview tour at SSRS in late May and my impression from that session was that Grand Californian Villas was the toughest direct buy to get. Our guide (different person from the one I interacted with today) spent 2 hours because we had so many questions. He told us that “points do come back from time to time” in reference to my mother’s question about AKV* being sold out. We used CCV prices to do the math, but he wasn’t pushing CCV. He also didn’t push Riveria at all though we told him up front we weren’t interested in it.

*or maybe it was BRV or OKW, don’t remember exactly, but she asked about one of the older resorts that we had stayed out on the trip.

I hope you told him why. They need to hear it over and over again

1 Like

Disney has not been actively buying up BRV and it is has a great price, especially compared to other resorts that expire at the same time, on the resale market ($99?).

You can buy anything direct . If someone wanted BRV Disney would exercise it’s right to refuse a resale purchase to go through and would take the points for the agreed upon price. It might take a couple of weeks but if you want it, they will get it.

3 Likes