Dining Plans Returning

I am not sure this is actually a change. At least not for all.

Storybook and Akershus were one credit in December 2019. We ate at both during that time. When BOG was not prefix, it was one as well. We’ve never done a meal on the dining plan that was 2 credits.

3 Likes

Before, I could never see how to make the DDP cost effective. Others said if you take advantage of the alcohol, you can…but it seems like they are being sure to eliminate the ways to make the DDP a good deal for anyone.

When we calculated out trying to use the DDP in the past, we saved SIGNIFICANTLY by not using it. I expect it will be even more the case now, unless they reduce the price.

I am interested to see if anyone who gets the DDP going forward ACTUALLY saves money.

4 Likes

I belive Morrimoto was also one credit and possibly Boat House, because I think those were both on my list as “reasonable values”.

And the BOH QS was definitely a good QS value!

1 Like

This was from 2019, article about Two Table Service locations

Edit

Taking lists of Prior Two TS Signature from the article

Magic Kingdom

• Be Our Guest (Dinner only)- See Character Dining Above

Epcot

• Le Cellier Steakhouse
  • Monsieur Paul

Walt Disney World Resorts

• California Grill- Contemporary Resort
  • Citricos -Grand Floridian Resort
  • **Flying Fish –**Boardwalk Inn
  • Jiko – The Cooking Place- Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Narcoossee’s -Grand Floridian Resort
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse -Yacht Club Resort

Hollywood Studios

• The Hollywood Brown Derby

Animal Kingdom

• Tiffins

Disney Springs

• The BOATHOUSE Restaurant
  • Morimoto Asia
  • Jaleo by Jose Andres
  • Paddlefish
  • STK
1 Like

It’s good ole @mikejs78 to the rescue :wink:

3 Likes

Here’s the PDF I have from 2019. I wish I could find the URL because it hardly changed from year to year and would be relatively easy to figure out for 2023. Or we could just wait a day…
I’m guessing that beginning tomorrow the link in their article to “Participating Restaurants” is not going to go to the current dining page on their website. IIRC not every restaurant on property participated in the past.

2019-disney-dining-plans-participating-locations.pdf (984.7 KB)

ETA: Found the one from 2020
dininglocations20.pdf (1.4 MB)

1 Like

I know Akershus was 1 credit previously making it a much better value if using DDP

2 Likes

Morimoto was 1 credit for lunch, 2 credits for dinner. It was listed on the Morimoto website but was too complicated for Disney.

2 Likes

Yes and AP was $5 less than BOG and 1 credit instead of 2.

1 Like

Do we know the prices?

Nope but if anyone ever gets through to actually book we can report back.

2 Likes

Prices are included in the 2024 reservation thread

WDWNT has a story with the same prices

1 Like

So…once again, the pricing is set to ensure Disney benefits. I don’t see how to make this work. Even if you go with the alcoholic beverage over a snack, and spent $20 per QS meal (which is actually higher than we ever spend) you are looking at not even breaking even. The only way to make it PERHAPS break even would be if you would make quite a bit of use out of the refillable mug. Even then, not likely.

Truth is, though, we probably average more like $12-13 for a QS meal. This means we’d spend $57.01 for perhaps $40 worth of food.

1 Like

Didn’t the previous dining plan also include a dessert with each TS?

Yes.

This one does too, depending on the restaurant.

There’s a lot of

This thing
OR
That thing
OR
This other thing
OR
Even this other other thing

So it’s the G+ of dining plans?

4 Likes

Kind of I guess.

I think you always have to look at menus and your plan to decide. For example:

Ohana: $55 meal, drink $14.50= $69.50
Geyser Point: Bison Burger-$21.00, drink -$15.50= $36.50 (a few QS could be close to this)

Total 1 day- $106. 10 before any snacks or averaging in a resort mug. A one or two night split stay might work for some people. It is never one truth for all.

My guess is I generally won’t buy it but I will always check the cost against my plans.

Edited to correct $7 dessert not included in QS

5 Likes