Dining Plans Returning

It was mentioned here some long time ago that Disney created this crap of a Genie+ just so we would be grateful when they brought back a paid version on Fastpass+. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

It was. Thought the snack credits for me were hard to go through. I think 1 is better.

1 Like

See I’d be all over a snacks-only Dining Plan. It’s the actual meals we have a hard time using up.

7 Likes

sorry if I wasn’t clear - I 100% do NOT see and end to pay to play, and honestly I was in the charge more for it camp similar to Universal’s system. But the idea of being able to book my attractions before I go is ( the old fast pass system+ ) is what I am wising would return.

Granted I am not one for change in general but I was able to make the old system work well for me and my family- the new system has us scheduling trips else where…

• and as far as DDP goes we were a deluxe family hopefully that will be back to normal as well.

I don’t think my family will be back at Disney for a while, but DDP for us was amazing. I am glad it is coming back.

2 Likes

I think it’s a bad value unless you eat on the high end- always. And taking away a snack credit? No thanks. I’m betting we see an increase too. Anything over (deluxe/ quick) adult $75/$50 and child $50/$25 and you really have to eat to the max or do a lot of character dining to make it work.

2 Likes

We’ve always done well with the plan, but our kids are pretty adventurous eaters and that helps. Primarily for us is having that portion of our trip taken care of and we just need to scan our magic band knowing it is all taken care of (more or less).

6 Likes

It stressed me out trying to max it out and save snack credits for the more expensive snacks. I probably got my money’s worth but I wouldn’t have dined everywhere I did not purchased all the snacks if I didn’t have the palm so I don’t think it saved us $

2 Likes

Yes. We probably picked more character meals than I would have if paying out of pocket.

The more than $70 we spent on ice cream sundaes definitely was a great use of snack credits tho.

We also were under “free dining” so the bar to make it worth it was not as high. (Or at least harder to quantify.) And they still weren’t separating quick service meals between adult and kid, so that also worked in our favor. We rarely ordered kids quick service meals and often shared adult meals.

2 Likes

We’ve always gotten dining plan when it was “free”. We paid upcharge of $500 to go from the free QS to get the 1 QS, 1 TS plan. We ate way more than $500 worth of food. We always stay at Pop so free dining was always the better value compared to a room discount, especially with four Disney adults (kids were 11 and 16 at the time). We did lots of character meals too. It was December 2019 so we really came out ahead on the snack credits with the gingerbread house at GF and the other cookie/snacks at all the gingerbread displays.

5 Likes

Looks like Disney has added additional information ahead of tomorrow’s re-start of the Dining Plan re-start.

Official Disney Information

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disney-dining-plan/

“Meals are nontransferable between party members…”

This is new isn’t it? Or was that always official but difficult to enforce?

Also, what isn’t included, and which is rather critical info: pricing

4 Likes

Also from WDW website

Beginning May 31, 2023, you can add a dining plan to Walt Disney Travel Company packages that include a Disney Resort hotel stay with arrivals on or after January 9, 2024.

While some dining plan information is currently available on the Walt Disney World website and on the My Disney Experience app, complete details and participating locations will be shared beginning May 31, 2023. Please check back on May 31 to learn more.

In other words, we’re still working on the price.

1 Like

Riiiiiiiiiight

So on 5/30 they have no idea what the pricing will be when released to purchase on 5/31.

Got it :wink:

5 Likes

Or it’s going to be so much higher than before, we don’t want the world to know till the absolute last moment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ah, NOW you’ve hit the nail on the head :wink:

3 Likes

huh. I’d like to see the PDF that lists all the restaurants that are participating. This article is implying (which I’m sure is wrong) that only BOG and dinner shows require two meal credits. Does that mean that other prior signature places are not included?

2 Likes

If you follow the link to the official WDW information, they have this

Fine/Signature Dining Restaurants
Experience an elegant Table-Service option with a wide selection of cuisines ranging from traditional African, Indian and Mediterranean to premium steaks and fresh seafood.

Each meal from a Fine/Signature Dining restaurant on the Disney Dining Plan includes:

• 1 Entrée
  • 1 Nonalcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)
  • 1 Dessert
    Two Table-Service meals will be redeemed from the dining plan for each person dining at a Fine/Signature Dining experience.

Edit
Bold was added by me. Nothing about two TS redeemed at select locations.

That link in the quotation will take you to the 27 Fine/Signature restaurant reservations, looks like any WDW-owned and operated restaurants in that class will require Two TS.

3 Likes

So in addition to Cinderella’s Royal Table being two credits, now Akershus, Storybook Dining at Artist Point, and BOG are also 2 TS credits.

1 Like

They are hard at work finalizing the pricing

Shaking Figure For Money | 3D Animated Clipart for PowerPoint - PresenterMedia.com

3 Likes