Dining Plans Returning

I know Akershus was 1 credit previously making it a much better value if using DDP

2 Likes

Morimoto was 1 credit for lunch, 2 credits for dinner. It was listed on the Morimoto website but was too complicated for Disney.

2 Likes

Yes and AP was $5 less than BOG and 1 credit instead of 2.

1 Like

Do we know the prices?

Nope but if anyone ever gets through to actually book we can report back.

2 Likes

Prices are included in the 2024 reservation thread

WDWNT has a story with the same prices

1 Like

So…once again, the pricing is set to ensure Disney benefits. I don’t see how to make this work. Even if you go with the alcoholic beverage over a snack, and spent $20 per QS meal (which is actually higher than we ever spend) you are looking at not even breaking even. The only way to make it PERHAPS break even would be if you would make quite a bit of use out of the refillable mug. Even then, not likely.

Truth is, though, we probably average more like $12-13 for a QS meal. This means we’d spend $57.01 for perhaps $40 worth of food.

1 Like

Didn’t the previous dining plan also include a dessert with each TS?

Yes.

This one does too, depending on the restaurant.

There’s a lot of

This thing
OR
That thing
OR
This other thing
OR
Even this other other thing

So it’s the G+ of dining plans?

4 Likes

Kind of I guess.

I think you always have to look at menus and your plan to decide. For example:

Ohana: $55 meal, drink $14.50= $69.50
Geyser Point: Bison Burger-$21.00, drink -$15.50= $36.50 (a few QS could be close to this)

Total 1 day- $106. 10 before any snacks or averaging in a resort mug. A one or two night split stay might work for some people. It is never one truth for all.

My guess is I generally won’t buy it but I will always check the cost against my plans.

Edited to correct $7 dessert not included in QS

5 Likes

Yes. This is the thing. We know what we will be eating…and actually, we often over-estimate compared to what we end up eating. But even in doing that, I can’t find a path that makes the DDP worth it. I would have to purposely choose food I wouldn’t otherwise choose to eat!!! (That is to say…I’d never choose to eat that Bison Burger!)

2 Likes

So I guess you won’t be purchasing it then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We would for sure have to do the math. The bit that will bring us to not getting it is the restaurants requiring 2 credits are where we usually go. In the order of operations, we decide where first, then if the DDP will fit in, rather than shoehorning ourselves into restaurants that we may not have chosen just because they’re covered by the plan.

5 Likes

This will be a consideration for sure.

1 Like

If you don’t drink, there is no way to make the TS plan work. I could probably break even with QS, but no way with TS. Since kids are adults at Disney at 10, you are penalized if the fall into the 10-20 range. I know they can get a specialty drink, but $8 nonalcoholic vs a $16 alcoholic drink is a huge disparity in value.

6 Likes

in the past, a dessert was included with Docking Bay 7 and Satu’li for the QS credit(I don’t think it took a snack credit either)… I can’t tell, is that now done or don’t we know?

It didn’t seem to be stated clearly in the past either? So it was a nice little surprise that all I was on the hook for was my drink. (edit: maybe I was able to sub my drink for the dessert? I do remember I had to pay for my drink, otherwise that would a snack credit would be used)

1 Like

How about Docking Bay 7?

Batuuan Beef: $18.99, Tukodana Quencher- $16.50= $35.49

$1.01 less than Geyser and still over $104 for the day (before snack and mug).

I would generally say I would never consider a QS dining plan but then I look at some of these prices!

We used to get the DP for part of our trip (split stay), use some credits for signature dining, some QS and regular TS and split meals at every meal. This allowed us to eat well over 3 full days for 2nights of the plan. I don’t think that strategy will save money these days but I will check the math.

3 Likes