Dining Plan changes 2020 - continuous updates being reported

There is now another update (of course)!

So at Casey’s there is no kid’s menu - there are one or two other places like that, including the Fish and Chip window at the U.K. pavilion.

The registers do not have a kid’s meal button, so people have not been able to buy a hot dog there using a child credit. Options: use an adult credit or pay OOP.

Aaaaand, there are reports that some people have been told that a child QS credit will only be able to be exchanged for 1 snack. No-one knows for sure yet, I’ll keep my eyes open for actual reports. There probably won’t be any for a few days because of course everyone has snack credits they can use as part of any plan, so we need someone to run out of kid’s snack credits and try to use a kid’s QS credit in lieu of snacks.

Oh wow! Wasn’t the rule always that you had to order from the kids menu if there was one? I’m not sure Disney actually intended to prevent kids from eating at some restaurants. Or maybe they did :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

No, the opinion seems to be this is unintended. Since the register doesn’t have a kid’s button, there just isn’t a way to charge it.

Hopefully it’ll get corrected soon.

1 Like

I will be following and waiting for any confirmation you can get on the kids QS being used for 1 snack. Thanks for the info!

This in’s interesting because we didn’t actually keep track of how many kids meals vs adult meals we ordered at QS. Only a few times did we order meals for everyone (7 of us, 4 kids) at QS. Most times we just ordered a variety of things and shared (we have bird eaters and stretched our plan over an extra day). We were not intentionally trying to game the system but I wouldn’t be surprised if we used more adult meals than technically allotted. And the mini corn dogs at Casey’s we’re a kid favorite, so that would have been a bummer to use an adult credit.

Well you did ask me to report back, so brace yourself.

It was reported yesterday that kids QS credits cannot be converted to snacks at all. This was at the Mara and was being strictly enforced.

Someone else has said that Casey’s will now do a kid’s meal but for the time being you’ll have to specifically ask for it, it won’t be updated immediately either in Casey’s or online.

And to confirm, because I don’t think it’s been posted here (I posted somewhere lol!).

STK in Disney Springs is refusing to accept the dining plan.

Well this is disappointing. I don’t really have an issue with them enforcing the child vs. adult credits as that was a loophole (i.e. you were to use child menu for child credits if there was a separate menu). I planned to take advantage of it, but knew there was a risk that they would close it prior to our trip. A little notice would have been nice.

I’m more concerned with the response about sharing credits with others who aren’t on the plan. I read that response as saying you can use a card or cash for people not on the plan. He says you can use the plan as you fit, but then says cash or card for those not on the plan. I planned to use 4 TS credits for my parents who are with us for the first two days and pay for two meals OOP at cheaper TS locations. I guess I’ll need to confirm this before we go so I don’t end up with a bunch of extra TS credits.

1 Like

You can still share credits to pay for guests. With the proviso that child credits are used for child meals (from the child menu) and adult credits are used for adult meals.

1 Like

When you filter by 2020 dining plan, as of last night there were no DS TS restaurants listed?

I think that’s different.

Every year it takes a while for the restaurants to finalise the “contract” or whatever, and for the dining pages to be updated.

But the restaurants usually still accept the dining plan. STK is the only one that I’ve seen someone post that it refused to take it.

Excellent news. I spent a good deal of time figuring out ADRs to make the most of the dining plan since we didn’t get free dining. We should save money on the plan with the ADRs we have if we can share the credits as I’ve planned.

I saw the report regarding STK the other day but I have never seen the new contracts take this long before. I am just curious if Disney is having an issue with their contracts this year. For example, although there are QS on the updated list, WPE and the Cafe (QS and TS) were not listed.

1 Like

This was in response to the question I had on Disney Springs 2020 DDP :slightly_smiling_face:. (Now most DS restaurants list DDP 2020.)

1 Like

Yes! They are updated now! This list looks correct and STK is not listed. The filter said 194 restaurants?

If STK expected to be removed, advance notice would be nice. I feel for people who booked months before.

1 Like

I read this response to mean that we can buy meals for others on our plan with our credits OR by cash/card. The use of the word “also” gave me that impression, but maybe I’m reading it wrong.

I called Cinderella’s RT and Hoop Dee Doo yesterday, and both confirmed that I could pay for others not in my party. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

That is really crazy and bad news. I am ok with the credits being separated, (even though I used that loophole last year) but to completely void the value of child credits to use it or lose it is messed up. I will seriously reconsider using the plan going forward, because my son often doesn’t eat, and we would get snacks he would eat with the unused credits.

Is there any change in how many snack credits per unused QS adult credit? Is it still 3 snacks per QS credit?

Ahh wow! That’s crazy! No conversion for child credits. Thank you for the information though! I appreciate it for planning!