Digital Card?

So I set up my Magic mobile pass and it can only be viewed in Google Pay? I did not enable NFC capabilities bc I don’t want to use them. I am so confused. Also how do I know about my DVC status using it? I should have a white card, but it doesn’t differentiate anything under “affiliations” other than annual pass, dvc. Can anyone help me out and explain it like I’m a toddler bc I think I’m missing something here.

3 Likes

Oh I started to reply and realized you’re not on Apple

1 Like

It doesn’t differentiate between white or blue card on apple wallet either

You can use Google Pay for tickets, airline boarding passes, etc …without adding any credit cards to it.

I have been using it for over a year w/o using to pay for anything.

1 Like

It does - you have to click on the pass and then in the upper right corner the three dots. It pulls up a QR code and next to that is a designation of your DVC status

1 Like

Yes it does in Apple Pay under affiliations (if it downloaded correctly). It will say DVC Y, or DVC ND. There is a glitch where all resales are showing ND

1 Like

Thanks Ladies! I wondered what that “Y” meant. I do have Affiliation DVC Y, ANNUAL and I see a QR code.

DVC Y means you are entitled to the discount (Y yes)

ANNUAL means you are entitled to Annual Pass privileges

QR code would scan if they need to apply any of that

1 Like

Cool, thank you. Now, my phone battery cannot die in the middle of finalizing a purchase discount. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t understand.

So basically only Apple gets full functionality of the pass? I am obviously still missing something here.

Does it act like a mobile wallet like the Apple wallet?

1 Like

My DH has an android and we just put his card in google pay. I saw his affiliations and QR code

1 Like

I have no idea. I don’t use Google pay, but that’s what Disney is making me set up.

1 Like

Yes, I have some other rewards cards I also hold in my Apple wallet

Oh! My state vaccination card downloaded in my wallet too!

3 Likes

This is what it looks like in google pay

in details it shows name and affiliations

2 Likes

In order to use Google Pay to do electronic transactions to pay for things in stores, or to transfer funds to friends, you need to have a credit card uploaded into it. You can use Google Pay to keep your digital card w/o uploading a credit card and doing any of the financial transactions others might use it for.

This morning when I checked into Southwest, my boarding pass appeared in Google Pay. I didn’t have to take a screen shot to save on my phone since it is loaded into Google Pay. FWIW, I have also had tickets for a local garden and theater tickets sit in Google Pay as well.

3 Likes

It isn’t so much Disney is making you use Google Pay, it is Google is making Disney use Google Pay. It is the standard by which it all works on Android, similar to Apple Wallet.

ETA: One thing that’s annoying, however, is that Google still isn’t supporting a way to use Google Pay on your Android watch for anything other than credit cards. So in order to use the Disney Magic Mobile feature, it must be done on the phone. I would have loved it if I could use my smart watch as a magic band…but alas, that isn’t possible (yet).

2 Likes

I guess I need to learn all about Google Pay bc I’ve never opened the app or set anything up with it/to it (?) except that it’s where MDE sent me to set up the magic mobile pass.

1 Like

That would be a nice capability.