Did I make the right call?

I may have just somewhat impetuously booked my summer 2020 trip.

I essentially had two choices:

1. Pop + tickets + DDP

2. CSR + tickets + DDP + $200 gift card

Option 2 was about 10% more expensive. Both are standard rooms.

I imagine many of you would vote for Option 2. I went for Option 1 mostly because of the Skyliner, which I have a lot of excitement about and confidence in.

What call would you have made?

2 Likes

I’m sure @lizzieanne771 will have views of your fascination with the Death Buckets

3 Likes

I fully support your decision but I would pick #2 mainly because I have this “thing” for CSR.

2 Likes

I honestly had to think about that for a moment. I thought you were referring to some rare plant, only found in Florida.

I think the Skyliner (ahem) will be fun and convenient and I just don’t believe Disney is stupid.

1 Like

I would pick option 1 and use the savings to justify all the DAH, EMM, and dessert parties.

2 Likes

I would go with Pop for the same reason. My hope is that the Skyliner does not overwhelm the otherwise calm IG entrance to Epcot.

1 Like

I get that and I’m excited about going there this year. Pop is much less of a resort, but it will offer two free transportation options, one of which seems particularly convenient for SWGE, which will be a priority for me next summer.

After the gift card is taken into account, the savings aren’t huge. They’d cover a dessert party or a DAH. The miser in me (there is one!) was attracted to the lower headline figure.

As an aside, next year’s trip is cheaper than this year’s trip, but because I’m doing Pop not CSR and the regular DDP not the deluxe.

I’ve never even set foot on either property, but i like the idea of the death buckets and saving money for extras

3 Likes

I’m totally going to ride the Death Buckets next time I am in the World. I just want to pay homage to the brilliant moniker bestowed upon them.

3 Likes

surely they will be running by end of October

1 Like

I like Flying Furnaces better. Is it too late to change the name?

3 Likes

Why no love for Pop or CSR?

ETA: Nevermind, I misread. Man I need to sleep!

1 Like

maybe I can ride then between miles 11 and 12 of the half? (no, that would be cheating)

2 Likes

maybe i can ride and cheer you on from above

4 Likes

I have been getting rental cars. I think relying on Disney transportation Pop is absolutely the right choice.

1 Like

i need to try one or both…but unless i start going solo, this upcoming trip may be my last for quite awhile

I have not stayed at Pop, only at AoA, but my experience was that the bus service there was better than other resorts where I’ve stayed. Maybe it is because of the sheer number of people that they know they have to keep the buses going constantly or have a huge crowd of angry people. At smaller resorts, they can get away with longer gaps between buses.

2 Likes

Deal!! You can drop snacks and cold towels for me!

2 Likes

id be honored to do that

1 Like