Did I make the right call?

It kind of depends on how much 10% is here. That’s a pretty substantial savings but is it that much more than the gift card?

It amounts to a DAH ticket, I’d say.

As long as they keep the busses I’m good. ZERO desire to get in those non-air-conditioned things that come off the cable for loading.

4 Likes

I’d have gone for option 2 mainly because of the Skyliner. Solo and if it had never been built, I’d have gone for Pop.

As much as I also don’t want IG being overwhelmed, it’s a good move on Disney’s part to balance the crowds between the IG and the main entrance.

I have no desire to ride the Death Buckets or the Flying Furnaces (excellent name change idea @heidelj) - when they open initially, or anytime in the foreseeable future. No thank you.

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building - I’m all about hanging out in the hot tub. You won’t find one of those at POP as they are only available at Moderate and Deluxe resorts. Also, hope you’re paying a little extra to stay Preferred at Pop. Some of the standards are really far from the bus stop at the end of an exhausting day.

Actually, it was a lot extra. Well, it wasn’t a trivial amount. A few hundred pounds / dollars.

So, I went for a standard room. I’m not too traumatised by the longer walk. And, actually, if I’m arriving at the resort via the Cloud Chariots, the walk might be shorter. Marginally.

I’m shocked to hear it was so much. Our last stay at POP it was roughly $20-30 more per night - worth it in my opinion.

Brace yourself:

How many nights?

Nine: So my choice is £175 a night. The same room in December is costing me £100.

Geez. I expected it to be more expense, not THAT much more expensive.

Yeah, I was shocked. On previous occasions I’ve seen trivial differences like £20 total.

Yay!

So about that “one and done” trip … ? :thinking:

1 Like

That’s more in line with my expectations. Bummer.

I’ve explained this perfectly clearly before.

My August 2017 trip was a once-in-a-lifetime dream vacation to WDW.

My June 2018 trip was Part 2 of that same vacation.

My December 2018 trip was Part 3.

This year I will be enjoying Parts 4 and 5.

It’s one vacation. Split into parts. In exactly the same way that Game of Thrones is one movie. Split into about 60 parts.

7 Likes

I hope it’s not exactly like GoT. A lot of people died in that.

3 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building, you crack me up. Hilarious!

1 Like

A lot of people have died since @sanstitre_has_left_the_building began his epic multi-part saga. They just happened offscreen, in this case.

1 Like

Are you saying he’s to blame?

Of course not!

Simply that “people have died over x amount of time” is not limited to Game of Thrones. :stuck_out_tongue:

Even people who were in the orbit of the story, probably!