Dessert party Tomorrow land Terrace

Perfect

Interesting. We enjoy the garden party. We have shown up several times 10 minutes before the fireworks and sat by the back rail. The one time that didn’t work we sat near the back and had a good view still.

1 Like

A little bird told me you can check in quite early to the Terrace party, get your table, and leave. That’s my plan.

We’ve never seen HEA so the angle of viewing or maybe being behind someone doesn’t worry me too much, the crowds and my sore feet do!

2 Likes

We’ve done the Terrace dessert party a new times, although not for a while now. Last time we did it the tables were pre-assigned, apparently in order of booking (according to the CMs) so earlier bookings got the tables nearest the railing. Never had a problem with the view. We’re doing it again in a couple of weeks, so I’m happy to report back then if that’s of use to anyone.

I’ll try to find a picture of the view from one of the ones we’ve attended.

Not the best pictures in the world, but they show the view and the kind of pics you can expect to get with a decent phone camera.

6 Likes

Look, there is my brood! (Must have been during my run to Casey’s because the children were dying of thirst!)

2 Likes

We did the early party and it was fine! Went to the garden half an hour before fireworks and were able to stretch out along the back rail and it was not at all crowded. Loved the desserts and would do it again but there were only 2 of us!

2 Likes

I was reading this thread about the HEA dessert party and appreciated all the viewpoints. Laura_hastings , I hope your family had a positive experience. Did you do the garden view dessert party as planned? In June I have my parents booked for the seated terrace party and the rest of us booked for garden view party that occurs before fireworks.

1 Like

We were there a few weeks ago and saw several groups that were in the Terrace party already positioning themselves forward about 30 minutes before HEA, so yes they still encourage everyone to come forward.

We were there a couple of weeks ago. About 10 minutes before the fireworks started a CM asked us if we wanted our table moved forward so we could see better. They moved it as far forward as they could without bothering anyone else (our table was in the 2nd row from the railing) and we ended up just a few feet from the railing. We had a great, unobstructed view. DD literally squealed when Tink flew overhead. :grin:

3 Likes

We are leaving on Wednesday for our trip, so haven’t experienced it yet! We have the garden view booked for this upcoming Friday and I will report back with how it went. We are doing HEA dessert party and EMM fantasyland and TSL so i will probably do a full trip report for those experiences when I return.

A few things I would do differently at the Garden party. I would go early to the garden and set up where we want to sit. We went to eat and didn’t go to get our seats until 20 minutes before and all the back railing was taken (the secret is out!). You can come and go as you please and I would have taken turns getting our food and bring it back to our spot.

1 Like

Looking forward to the report as we are doing those three “extras” in July!

2 Likes

Can you eat the food in the viewing area? I was imagining you had to eat at the tables in the restaurant and then head over to the viewing area without food/drink.

Hi Laura, we just got back and had a great time at the Terrace Dessert Party. It was a good choice as the family was pretty tired ( not just me) so we were all glad to have a rest.

We were a part of five. We checked in after our time of 8 pm and still got a very good table, one row back from the railing. The railing tables were all for smaller parties of two or three. The CM knew which tables would have a better view. This was ours:

I took that while seated. If we had been at the table to the right or left of ours, the trees would have blocked the lower part of the castle a bit. The fireworks were sometimes centered around the castle, but mostly off to the right. But, we didn’t know where they SHOULD be so that was fine with us! Rarely, the very most uppermost part of the fireworks display was cut off, but I think I noticed that one time, maybe.

I thought the same thing, but when we checked in they told us we could eat/drink in the garden area. I am not sure if you can bring your plates/cups, etc to the garden area, as they are glass, but I would have loaded up a few napkins and taken it to our viewing location and maybe an empty water cup from a quick service to hold my drink. We used the dessert party as our light dinner. There was enough savory items to fill us up.

I am thinking rubbermaid containers may make it into my park bag that afternoon. :slight_smile: I was wondering if we could bring food in also.

3 Likes

I have been avidly following this thread. I was planning a Terrace Desert Party for April 2020, but now am considering the Garden Party, which I had not heard of.

For the Garden Party, where are the deserts served?
Is the garden area where the FPP viewing once was?
Once you’re done with eating and have migrated to the garden area, how and where do you go to the bathroom… or is that not even possible?

Thanks!

1 Like

We are going to the TL Terrace party the night of our anniversary, so I figured I’d splurge, not to mention it is our first day in MK with our 5 year old so I figured sitting would be preferred good view or not. Plus, I had originally signed up for the After Fireworks party to try and keep things chill, but it looks like there is going to be a After Hours that night at MK that I want to do and didn’t want to miss time in the park eating. Lets just say its gonna be an expensive day.

1 Like

What is this supposed to mean? I mean, who are you? All I know is that you are a fairly brand new poster who has their profile set to private, so how can anybody know anything about you? Just because there was a previous poster here who happened to be named Matt as well, doesn’t mean there aren’t millions of people named “Matt” out there and that you are him. And anybody who knows anything knows that everybody loves (or at least should) Disney.

:joy::joy:

1 Like

You mean, I’m not? I’m so hurt! :rofl::rofl:

Just so you know, I love everybody here. We’re all Disney family!

1 Like