Dessert party Tomorrow land Terrace

Are you people all police detectives or something?

I honestly thought I could quietly sneak back here incognito, contribute to a few threads, not say too much, and no-one would be the wiser.

But everyone seems to have rumbled me from Day 1. I’m clearly not the brilliant master of disguise I thought I was.

5 Likes

Traveling with 8 and 4 year olds. It’s gonna be late enough. Not gonna try and after party!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Er, the full price is worth it for the ooey-gooey cake alone!

keep in mind, it will also allow you to avoid the exit-crowd (which will take roughly the same amount of time)… so instead of slogging through a massive exodus, you can sit causally and munch on some treats.

With the exit that you had? Pretty difficult to do that. I wasn’t going to go into any more detail, though (and still won’t).

1 Like

True, that was pretty good! They did not have that the first time we did it, so I didn’t remember, but last year they did!

Honestly could care less About the food. It’s a bonus, I’m looking for way to watch fireworks without having to camp out for hours fight for a spot and be crammed like sardines. Being able to sit for much of it enjoying a cold drink and access to bathrooms etc sounds appealing

1 Like

I knew but was keeping it on the HUSSSSSHHHH so you’d stay. I guess @Randall1028 had other plans :wink:

3 Likes

This will teach you people to leave me off the mailing list. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I have 2 little kiddos that need to be in bed so I booked the dessert party before the fireworks. I’ll just have to make it work! What about this: arrive at the dessert party at 7:45 and snack away. Then head to the Garden around 8:30 and chill on the back railing. If my kids want to sit on the grass, should we head to the front instead? Or just tell my kids to suck it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

You were my favourite person and you didn’t join my group. I was very sad about that. I’ve missed you.

1 Like

That’s always been my approach. Last summer I looked round at the Hub and Main Street and people were crammed in like sardines. It looked like hell.

2 Likes

Exactly why I booked the dessert party as well. From all I have read, I think the garden plaza and the terrace will accomplish this for you. It sounds like the after dessert party is more relaxed, but with my situation with little kids, the early party worked better for me. With parents who would enjoy a chair, I think the Terrace would be great for them. Any dessert party gives us a leg up on not fighting the crowd!

2 Likes

You’ll VERY likely be able to finish up snacking before 8:30. I would say 8:10-8:15 would probably be more likely when you’d be finished up.

By then, the area will be semi full, but there should be plenty of spots. If you want to sit on the grass though, regardless of where you sit, I’m not sure you’ll be able to see the projections well (at least the ones around the opening of the castle). Even in the front it’s tough to see if you’re low to the ground because the plaza view is still behind a group.

d’awww… lying is wrong. lol I only log onto to fb once in a blue moon, didn’t think it’d make much sense to jump over. Plus I can’t access it from work, which is 99% of the time I’m on here.

4 Likes

We sat on the grass. We could absolutely NOT see without standing. The regular non-party people are at least 5 rows thick and blocking the bottom 3/4 of the castle when sitting, and about 1/4 when standing. Also the grass is fake so it isn’t super plush.

1 Like

Where does it say that? Do you have any authority for that proposition?

Well, anyhoo, I’m back. I’m going to be posting somewhat more selectively and with less specificity, but these forums were something I really enjoyed and I missed them. And you. Mostly you.

4 Likes

Gotcha! It’s my kiddos first time going to WDW (ages 4 and 7) so I am 100% sure they will stand up once the show starts and be excited.

2 Likes

Let’s get specific.

This was my view 25 minutes before the fireworks started:

And this is what Main Street looked like at the same time:

And this was the view once things got going:

4 Likes

I’ve had that view and that crowd, and I have decided the garden is always better.

3 Likes

Looks perfect really. If only they would put seats there. (Can you bring strollers in?)

1 Like

Yes! You can bring strollers.

1 Like