Deluxe It Up - To Infinity & Beyond!

Coronado is so absolutely dead.

21 Likes

But that food looks A-MAZING! I really want to say there sometime. I hear the atmosphere is nice and dining is good. I’m looking forward for your overall review.

3 Likes

Short version: our 3rd time here, very much worth it. Has it all: ambiance & food.

6 Likes

That’s what I hear! I have no issues with the bus system to parks. Maybe next trip we can get here. I have some nephews that would love the pool.

3 Likes

I think they call this sculpture at Grand Cypress #heatexhaustion

18 Likes

Photos sent to me from DW and DS.

19 Likes

Um, what was going on in the 4th one? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They were reenacting the scene from Titanic where Rose tries to jump.

7 Likes

IMG_5025

8 Likes

I love this since you are the master of free and cheap upgrades!

6 Likes

And now they’ve asked me to leave.

11 Likes

13 Likes

DD and I share your love of Coronado Springs. Three Bridges is always one of her dining requests, and I enjoy just walking around the grounds and through the lobbies. It’s so beautiful!

7 Likes

Kids still in bed this morning, DW and I headed down for an early walk.

We stepped out and said, oh, this temperature is better, not a punch in the face. 19 minutes later: super sweaty. :sweat_smile:

Looks like this resort becomes a LOT more crowded for the weekend, which makes sense.

When we arrived there was some sort of dude with crazy expensive car convention, they all seemed to have revved off into the sunset.

Tentative plan today is some pool and boat time, very possibly a jaunt over to WL for a Geyser Point bison burger. DS very much looking forward to the Blue Sky root beer.

Some allergy menu weirdness at Three Bridges for those who have to watch: Disney’s online menu has churros and a few other things marked as safe for nut allergies.

We know from last trip that the chocolate they serve with it has a cross contamination label warning, and we only know that because we asked the CM to double check for us because chocolate is often problematic.

However, the churros are made on site so they have control over things - at least they did: the CM last night told us that there is now a cross contamination issue with those as well. Apparently are made over in the GD tower and something there causes a cross contamination.

So kudos to that awesome CM and her knowledge. Reinforces our belief the allergy menus are a nice to have, but are not as trustworthy as the CM on site or especially as a chef.

Always ask.

16 Likes

Grand Cypress full day 2:

1. There are DEFINITELY basketball players here. Have seen several 7 foot guys.

2: Coffee hack: you get refills for $1 at market here. A Vente is $6, so every additional coffee you get cuts cost almost in half.

There are Keurig in room and pods, but not my fav.

1. I just looked up the room price for our VIP Suite wondering what the cash cost is now. I swear I thought it was around $590, but every day I check now that has this suite available is $1,019! That’s about $1,290 after tax and resort fee! Snikeys!

I paid 30k Hyatt points for it, so the math is:

$1,290 / 30,000 *100 = 4.3 Cents per point. That’s what I was expecting to get at a suite I had booked in Maui! Crazy good redemption.

12 Likes

11 Likes

10:25AM.

5 Likes

I can’t heart this! We are in nwfl and already at 92. Stay safe and hydrated.

3 Likes

MY COFFEE IS GETTING HOTTER.

The good news, the pool here is so nice.

11 Likes

I’m wondering about that “coffee” you were drinking poolside earlier in the report :wink:

6 Likes